• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Never take a knife to a Goat fight....

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
SHELTON, Wash. — A hiker says he was spooked by a run-in with an aggressive mountain goat on Washington's Olympic Peninsula near Lake Cushman. Jim Decker was hiking on the Mount Rose Trail in Mason County on Tuesday evening. He'd been hiking with his wife but they became separated.

Read more: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2011/06/16/1708105/wash-hiker-spooked-by-aggressive.html#ixzz1PS7uqL9B

Later in the story he pulls a knife out of his backpack and fortunately the goat gives up and retreats. Remember last year a goat killed a hiker. I am always amazed at how many hikers do not carry any protection with them on the trail....

amlevin

amzbrady

Read more: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2011/06/16/1708105/wash-hiker-spooked-by-aggressive.html#ixzz1PS7uqL9B

Later in the story he pulls a knife out of his backpack and fortunately the goat gives up and retreats. Remember last year a goat killed a hiker. I am always amazed at how many hikers do not carry any protection with them on the trail....

Ya, really, He should keep protection in his wallet, since it says he got seperated from his wife, he would need to have protection if he was going to do the goat...:lol:

Phssthpok

Honest officer, I was just trying to help this goat over this here fence.

...when I lost my grip and his hind legs slipped into these here wading boots, so I strapped my Velcro gloves on REAL tight in order to get a good grip....