• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glock 22 or 27

usamarshal

I can get a really good deal for either pistol. I'm looking to both an open and conceal carry gun as I'll be keeping one of these firearms in my truck and on my person. I know I can get an extender for the 27, but at the same time the only real difference I see between the two is the barrel length and grip length. Just wondering what everyone else would do? Would you choose the 22 or 27?

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Go with the 22. I carry concealed a 22 IWB and OWB all the time. (button up shirt unbuttoned)

I don't like the 27 because I don't care for small guns, especially as my primary. That's just me. I don't feel it takes that much more to conceal the 22, and I'm a skinny guy.

(BTW the 23 is GREAT for both CC and OC. feels perfect in the hand! in your dilemma, I'd go with the 23 IF you can get a hold of it. I know you mentioned only the 22 and 27 here.)

Alude904

I have a 23, 26, and 27 all gen 4. I mainly carry the 27 iwb. I used to carry the 23 and had no problem cc but the 27 is more practical for cc. Also im a small guy so of course the subcompacts are more my style but i still love the 23. As far as the 22, that just seems too big to carry on your person but good for the truck. If youre a bigger guy then i would go with the 23.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I carry a g23 iwb with galco king tuk, and a g27 as a backup in galco ankle glove wen I'd rather have another gun than a reload. I also carry 27 iwb wen at work BC it conceals just a lil better. I have the 22 as well but the larger grip makes it more difficult to conceal as well. If ur wanton a small glock to fill many roles the glock 29 with extended mag with finger extension like on glock 30s is hard to beat. Can b carried many ways and can also b carried afield with the hard hitting 10mm. Recoil is not bad either, not nearly what u would think. Hope this helps...

Deanimator

I have a Glock 22 and a Glock 19. I find the Glock 19 very easy to carry, the Glock 22 not quite so much.

I don't like the very small Glocks, especially in .40 S&W. I find the muzzle whip on the Glock 22 hard to handle. I can't imagine what it would be like on a SMALLER gun.

The Glock 23 is an excellent compromise, all the more so because you can easily install a 9x19mm barrel and have two guns for the price of less than 1 1/2. I wish I'd done that instead of buying a Glock 19, but I didn't learn about that option until after I got my Glock 19 (which I'm very satisfied with).

usamarshal

Decided to go with the 22...the 27 was just way to small and not practicle for me...bought a blackhawk holster for the 22 and it fits perfect...I already have a ppk I can use for ccw if I want...the 22 is perfect for keepin in the truck and to open carry with. :D