• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

941.237 - carrying in a drinking establishment

paul@paul-fisher.com

I screwed up, I think.

OK. This is crazy. I need to cut and paste. Here is the existing section:

(3) Subsection (2) does not apply to any of the following:
(a) A peace officer.
(b) A correctional officer while going armed in the line of duty.
(c) A member of the U.S. armed forces or national guard while
going armed in the line of duty.
(cm) A private security person meeting all of the following criteria:
1. The private security person is covered by a license or permit
issued under s. 440.26.
2. The private security person is going armed in the line of
duty.
3. The private security person is acting with the consent of the
person specified in par. (d).

SB93 ADDS! (didn't notice):

SECTION 61. 941.237 (3) (cr) of the statutes is created to read:
941.237 (3) (cr) A qualified out−of−state law enforcement officer, as defined in
s. 941.23 (1) (g), to whom s. 941.23 (2) (b) 1. to 3. applies.
SECTION 62. 941.237 (3) (ct) of the statutes is created to read:
941.237 (3) (ct) A former officer, as defined in s. 941.23 (1) (c), to whom s. 941.23
(2) (c) 1. to 7. applies.
SECTION 63. 941.237 (3) (cx) of the statutes is created to read:
941.237 (3) (cx) A licensee, as defined in s. 175.60 (1) (d), or an out−of−state
licensee, as defined in s. 175.60 (1) (g), if the licensee or out−of−state licensee is not
consuming alcohol on the premises.

I need to go back and fix some of my statements.

So..... if you OC without a license with permission you can drink. You don't have to ask permission if you have a permit but if you don't ask, you can't drink.

What a cluster!

theoicarry

If you are going to have a weapon (oops) I mean a gun, NO alcohol!! Period, Not even one nite cap. That is part of this responsibility. This could be your life and others, No bad judgements needed.

paul@paul-fisher.com

If you are going to have a weapon (oops) I mean a gun, NO alcohol!! Period, Not even one nite cap. That is part of this responsibility. This could be your life and others, No bad judgements needed.

Please let's not start this again. I intended this thread to talk law, not morals. We should all know by now that morality and lawyers/politicians have nothing to do with each other.