• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No Knock Raid-A Song About The Police State

Lostlittlerobot

checked out http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/25/jose-guerena-arizona-_n_867020.html...jose. since its close to home, arizona...sad story.

I know my family doesn't agree with my carrying everyday openly as I do. They worry I'll get shot in the street. I try to educate them and it's not always enough, especially since we're all too common found on the other side of a gun while legally carrying.

It's sad too often these stories happen and not enough attention is given to them. I read the full article in the link. I'm no detective, swat officer, lawyer, or Arizonan. I just see a vet killed in his home, 60 some shots at his own kid(through him), and I'm scared for him and myself. I know if i heard a disturbance at my door I'd reach for my rifle or handgun. Knowing the likely outcome, if it were police, is my ultimate death....makes me shiver. If they have a warrant....they see a man with a gun, doesn't matter what he says, safety on/not, shot fired/not....man with a gun, rifle especially....shoot to kill is what they think. And they WILL be cleared. No doubt at all in my mind. Even if the warrant was the wrong house. They didn't know it, they couldn't know it, they won't be penalized. The family will suffer =\.

I think here in NV at least, the PD has a civil limit on repercussion. Bad warrant? ok well no biggy, give the fam 60k.

will 60k replace your dad?

The amount could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the civil amount isn't much higher.....

Lolcanoe

What's going to happen when a "no-knock raid" ends up with dead SWAT team members? How is the department going to justify that to the Officers' families?

"We're sorry, but your husband/wife was part of a no-knock raid, went to the wrong address, and got shot by the homeowner."

It's going to happen sooner or later, and it's a shame....

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
What's going to happen when a "no-knock raid" ends up with dead SWAT team members? How is the department going to justify that to the Officers' families?

"We're sorry, but your husband/wife was part of a no-knock raid, went to the wrong address, and got shot by the homeowner."

it will be a shame for the home owner, I agree there, if he survives it he is going away for a long long time....for the SWAT teams, better get used to it..Americans are getting pissed off to the point where one day soon..the EVENT will be triggered by an incident like this...

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Thank you for posting the song. It is so true and sad that we are loosing all of our freedoms! God save us all!

God could careless that the great majority of Americans have become nothing but dumbed down puccies, that traded their freedom for security after 9/11. God helps those who help themselves, like God helped our founding fathers with their goal to water the tree of liberty. Maybe just maybe ? we all should make their Goals our mission once again ?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
It had the same effect on me and my brother.

it had the same effect on me....that feeling is the feeling of dred & helplessness ..Welcome to the new American Police state..although if you ask the Moderator ...America is in great shape, Calling America a police state is tantamount to treason, we are a free people & we live in a great place ...........Sounds like BS to me

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
The song's premise fits with a drug raid conducting in my apartment building. No knocks. No "Open up! Police!"

Just two thuds of the door ram, following by a flash-bang. It took approximately 15 helmeted, vested members of the local S.W.A.T. team to subdue the "dangerous criminal" living at that address.

Actually, it only took one, as he turned out not to be a dangerous criminal at all. Nor was there a drug ring going on at the address. They were wrong on that account, as well. Didn't matter, though. Even though he was released within 24 hrs, based solely on the fact that a "police action" took place at his residence (not to mention the 8-inch hole blown in the carpet as a result of the flash-bang)...

...he was evicted.

So: Innocent, raided by S.W.A.T., and evicted, all in 12 hours.

Nice work, S.W.A.T. At least you didn't shoot him or his dog; I'll give you credit for that.

Jack House

...he was evicted.
I hate that crap. My aunt was given an official 'warning notice' or whatever for getting her electric turned off when the power company wrongfully shut off her power, thinking she hadn't paid her bill when infact she had. :cuss:

/OT rant

Gunslinger

Yeah, kinda like the SS that were killed in the Warsaw Ghetto uprising by the Jews in WWII. Real shame. I guess their killing the innocent homeowner is ok, though.

stainless1911

Banned
it had the same effect on me....that feeling is the feeling of dred & helplessness ..Welcome to the new American Police state..although if you ask the Moderator ...America is in great shape, Calling America a police state is tantamount to treason, we are a free people & we live in a great place ...........Sounds like BS to me

+1 its time thy get with the program. THE FOREFATHERS TOLD US TO STOP THIS AT THE BARREL OF A GUN.

Read my sig line

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
policestate.jpg

hermannr

Thanks for the Cato map link, looked up WA...do/did anyone notice the common theme of all of these "raids gone wrong"? Yep, "drugs", in one of them a man shot a cop becasue he thought they were intruders harming his parents...

Wake up America, you can not legislate prohibition, doesn't matter if it is drugs, or alcohol. Both can be, but not necessarily are, a medical problem. You just stomp all over everyones own personal freedoms to enforce your ideas of "morality", and create. your own unintentional problems.

If you do not study history and learn from it, you are bound to repeat it. The folly of the XVIII ammendment needs to be studied and the lessons need to be learned.

sudden valley gunner

Thanks for the Cato map link, looked up WA...do/did anyone notice the common theme of all of these "raids gone wrong"? Yep, "drugs", in one of them a man shot a cop becasue he thought they were intruders harming his parents...

Wake up America, you can not legislate prohibition, doesn't matter if it is drugs, or alcohol. Both can be, but not necessarily are, a medical problem. You just stomp all over everyones own personal freedoms to enforce your ideas of "morality", and create. your own unintentional problems.

If you do not study history and learn from it, you are bound to repeat it. The folly of the XVIII ammendment needs to be studied and the lessons need to be learned.

And we need to learn true history not the propaganda taught in schools. I've been studying a lot on constitutional history and how the different branches of U.S. gov. have ignored, twisted, and outright broke the law that binds them.

Daylen

This is a reason to wear body armor to sleep at night, not simply carry in the home.