175.60 License to carry a concealed weapon.
(16) PROHIBITED ACTIVITY. (a) Except as provided in par. (b), neither a licensee
nor an out−of−state licensee may knowingly carry a concealed weapon, a weapon that
is not concealed, or a firearm that is not a weapon in any of the following places:
1. Any portion of a building that is a police station, sheriff ’s office, state patrol
station, or the office of a division of criminal investigation special agent of the
2. Any portion of a building that is a prison, jail, house of correction, or secured
3. The facility established under s. 46.055.
4. The center established under s. 46.056.
5. Any secured unit or secured portion of a mental health institute under s.
51.05, including a facility designated as the Maximum Security Facility at Mendota
Mental Health Institute.
6. Any portion of a building that is a county, state, or federal courthouse.
7. Any portion of a building that is a municipal courtroom if court is in session.
8. A place beyond a security checkpoint in an airport.
(b) The prohibitions under par. (a) do not apply to any of the following:
1. A weapon in a vehicle driven or parked in a parking facility located in a
building that is used as, or any portion of which is used as, a location under par. (a).
2. A weapon in a courthouse or courtroom if a judge who is a licensee is carrying
the weapon or if another licensee or out−of−state licensee, whom a judge has
permitted in writing to carry a weapon, is carrying the weapon.
3. A weapon in a courthouse or courtroom if a district attorney, or an assistant
district attorney, who is a licensee is carrying the weapon.