Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dane County Anti's Up To Their Old Tricks Again!

Dane County Anti's Up To Their Old Tricks Again!

Once again the morons in Madison are making it easier for criminals to make victims out of the citizens of Dane County.

http://www.channel3000.com/news/28264689/detail.html

SNIP:

Although it's not law yet, Dane County leaders are taking a stand against a bill legalizing the carrying of concealed weapons.

Dane County Executive Joe Parisi said he wants to "protect the public" if and when concealed carry is passed. He said there's simply no need for weapons -- legal or not -- inside any county facility.

Under the concealed-carry bill passed on Tuesday by the Senate, it would be legal for someone to carry a concealed gun in the terminal at the Dane County Regional Airport.

"There's really no good that can come from someone bringing a weapon into an airport," Parisi said.

Not only is the legislation not sitting well with Parisi, it also worries airport Director Brad Livingston. He said the safety and security of the traveling public at the airport is extremely important and that weapons should not be allowed past the front doors of the airport.

Due to these concerns, a resolution was introduced to the Dane County Board Thursday night prohibiting concealed weapons from county buildings, such as the Dane County Regional Airport, the Alliant Energy Center and the City-County Building.

"Citizens should not have to worry about hidden guns when picking up a marriage license, voting or going to a concert in Dane County," Parisi said. "We must not leave any doubt regarding concealed weapons in county facilities."

It always brings my blood to a boil with these libtards in Madison. They want to travel up north of their city with their recumbent bikes and enjoy Wisconsin's natural beauty. But they just can't respect the people that live up here. They would rather take their beliefs with them and impose them on us "poor uneducated country bumpkins" because well, we just don't know what's good for us!

Lame. So.Very.Lame.

isn't this negated under the state preemption law?

I have to admit... I am LOVING it.

I love to see them kick and stomp and cry and moan. I love their lies. I love the fact they are writhing in anger. Pulling their hair out.

About *** damned time. Cry me a river you traitorous scum.

And yes, Joe Parisi is blowing donkey ***** to get attention.
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 06-16-2011 at 09:05 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    That's a good question. Currently, it would not be legal. When the bill takes effect, they can put in signage, but I believe an actual law would be against the preemption statute.

They are positively apoplectic. I enjoy the show.

First of all, a Resolution has no legal force of law. An ordinance does have force of law, but that would be preempted under SB93.

All they have the legal right to do is POST SIGNS. Then it becomes a trespass violation.

ETA: What he said;
    Quote Originally Posted by rcav8r View Post
    That's a good question. Currently, it would not be legal. When the bill takes effect, they can put in signage, but I believe an actual law would be against the preemption statute.
    Last edited by BROKENSPROKET; 06-16-2011 at 10:01 PM.

Absolutely is. All they can do is post signs. They can pass all the "resolutions" they want to, or even ordinances, but they do not trump State statutes. They can jump up & down, throw tantrums on TV, whatever they think will get the most attention to their idiocy. But nothing has any legal standing.

My township would've passed a "resolution" years ago to "allow" concealed carry everywhere in the township, if it would've had any legal basis. We checked it out... waste of time, as 941.23, a State statute, was the law of the land and we could not over-rule or negate it on the local level. The fools in Madison cannot over-rule the pre-emption statute.

I smell more lawsuits on the horizon though... hope those fools got deep pockets.

McX
    i resolve, that we resolve, that they are idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by anmut View Post
    It always brings my blood to a boil with these libtards in Madison. They want to travel up north of their city with their recumbent bikes and enjoy Wisconsin's natural beauty. But they just can't respect the people that live up here. They would rather take their beliefs with them and impose them on us "poor uneducated country bumpkins" because well, we just don't know what's good for us!

Lame. So.Very.Lame.
    We just need to get the wolves to chase recumbent bikes as a food source...got to think outside of da box!!! doe urine mixed with pig offal placed on tires...bon apetit big doggy!!!
    Last edited by Lurchiron; 06-16-2011 at 11:04 PM.
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    i resolve, that we resolve, that they are idiots.
    I second the motion.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

I was contacted by the reporter from Channel 3 with only about a half-hour to spare before he was going on air with the story. We only had time for a quick discussion. I was under the impression that the county wanted to get a statute put into effect that would allow them to ban in their buildings. After seeing the story it became clear that the County Exec. only wants the board to pass a resolution.

I immediately thought of 66.0409 and I've been in touch with the reporter since then pointing out that such a resolution would be preempted and unenforceable. He said he'd be looking into it.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    First of all, a Resolution has no legal force of law. An ordinance does have force of law, but that would be preempted under SB93.

All they have the legal right to do is POST SIGNS. Then it becomes a trespass violation.
    Would not the government agency (Dane County) that does this be guilty of violating a civil right if they trespassed someone for carrying of a gun?

It is not like they are a private property owner who can deny access to anyone they so choose, this is public property.

Someone from WCI might want to look at the preemption statutes in states where government property may not prohibit carry and try to get something added as an amendment.

Good luck with everything from Tennessee.

Quote Originally Posted by rcav8r View Post
    If they did post since it is a county building, they would have to install metal detectors right?

If they did post since it is a county building, they would have to install metal detectors right?
    Under the current bill, yes. Plus they would have to have storage for your firearm while you're visiting the building.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    I immediately thought of 66.0409 and I've been in touch with the reporter since then pointing out that such a resolution would be preempted and unenforceable. He said he'd be looking into it.
    A resolution is not preempted. On it's own, a resolution in not enforceable. If they passed an ordinance, that would be preempted because an ordinance has force of law.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    Under the current bill, yes. Plus they would have to have storage for your firearm while you're visiting the building.
    What? I thought all that language was removed when SB93 was ammended the first time.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    What? I thought all that language was removed when SB93 was ammended the first time.
    Yep, that's gone.

I didn't think public buildings were able to do this under SB93/AR10. Good luck with your ordinance with state preemption.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

So now you guys have me confused. Can Dane County ban weapons from its buildings under the current bill? If so will they have to provide storage and metal detectors?
    ".......shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by Drakon View Post
    So now you guys have me confused. Can Dane County ban weapons from its buildings under the current bill? If so will they have to provide storage and metal detectors?
    Only court houses (unless you have permission from a judge) and police stations (perhaps more, but these are the ones I remember) are the only ones off limits. Public buildings are open to the public. They cannot ban firearms under SB93/AR10.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Only court houses (unless you have permission from a judge) and police stations (perhaps more, but these are the ones I remember) are the only ones off limits. Public buildings are open to the public. They cannot ban firearms under SB93/AR10.
    Here is the section that applies:
    175.60 License to carry a concealed weapon.

(16) PROHIBITED ACTIVITY. (a) Except as provided in par. (b), neither a licensee
    nor an out−of−state licensee may knowingly carry a concealed weapon, a weapon that
    is not concealed, or a firearm that is not a weapon in any of the following places:
    1. Any portion of a building that is a police station, sheriff ’s office, state patrol
    station, or the office of a division of criminal investigation special agent of the
    department.
    2. Any portion of a building that is a prison, jail, house of correction, or secured
    correctional facility.
    3. The facility established under s. 46.055.
    4. The center established under s. 46.056.
    5. Any secured unit or secured portion of a mental health institute under s.
    51.05, including a facility designated as the Maximum Security Facility at Mendota
    Mental Health Institute.
    6. Any portion of a building that is a county, state, or federal courthouse.
    7. Any portion of a building that is a municipal courtroom if court is in session.
    8. A place beyond a security checkpoint in an airport.
    (b) The prohibitions under par. (a) do not apply to any of the following:
    1. A weapon in a vehicle driven or parked in a parking facility located in a
    building that is used as, or any portion of which is used as, a location under par. (a).
    2. A weapon in a courthouse or courtroom if a judge who is a licensee is carrying
    the weapon or if another licensee or out−of−state licensee, whom a judge has
    permitted in writing to carry a weapon, is carrying the weapon.
    3. A weapon in a courthouse or courtroom if a district attorney, or an assistant
    district attorney, who is a licensee is carrying the weapon.
    Last edited by davegran; 06-17-2011 at 12:19 PM.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Drakon:

Please Read Your 16 Page Answer here: http://legis.wisconsin.gov/2011/data/lc_amdt/sb093.pdf

aadvark

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    They can post:

Enters or remains in any part of a building that is owned, occupied, or controlled by the
    state or any local governmental unit if the state or local governmental unit has notified the person not to
    enter or remain in the building while carrying a firearm or a type of firearm. This provision does not
    apply to the governmental buildings in which a licensee is otherwise prohibited from carrying a
    concealed weapon under the substitute amendment. In addition, this provision does not apply to a
    person who leases residential or business premises in the building or, if the firearm is in a vehicle driven
    or parked in a parking facility, to any part of a building used as a parking facility.

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    They can post:
    Thanks Paul. That's what I thought. So in effect all they need to do to ban guns in county buildings is put up signs. All of this is just posturing and BS.
    ".......shall not be infringed."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast