• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dane County Anti's Up To Their Old Tricks Again!

anmut

Once again the morons in Madison are making it easier for criminals to make victims out of the citizens of Dane County.

http://www.channel3000.com/news/28264689/detail.html

SNIP:

Although it's not law yet, Dane County leaders are taking a stand against a bill legalizing the carrying of concealed weapons.

Dane County Executive Joe Parisi said he wants to "protect the public" if and when concealed carry is passed. He said there's simply no need for weapons -- legal or not -- inside any county facility.

Under the concealed-carry bill passed on Tuesday by the Senate, it would be legal for someone to carry a concealed gun in the terminal at the Dane County Regional Airport.

"There's really no good that can come from someone bringing a weapon into an airport," Parisi said.

Not only is the legislation not sitting well with Parisi, it also worries airport Director Brad Livingston. He said the safety and security of the traveling public at the airport is extremely important and that weapons should not be allowed past the front doors of the airport.

Due to these concerns, a resolution was introduced to the Dane County Board Thursday night prohibiting concealed weapons from county buildings, such as the Dane County Regional Airport, the Alliant Energy Center and the City-County Building.

"Citizens should not have to worry about hidden guns when picking up a marriage license, voting or going to a concert in Dane County," Parisi said. "We must not leave any doubt regarding concealed weapons in county facilities."

anmut

It always brings my blood to a boil with these libtards in Madison. They want to travel up north of their city with their recumbent bikes and enjoy Wisconsin's natural beauty. But they just can't respect the people that live up here. They would rather take their beliefs with them and impose them on us "poor uneducated country bumpkins" because well, we just don't know what's good for us!

Lame. So.Very.Lame.

HandyHamlet

I have to admit... I am LOVING it.

I love to see them kick and stomp and cry and moan. I love their lies. I love the fact they are writhing in anger. Pulling their hair out.

About *** damned time. Cry me a river you traitorous scum.

And yes, Joe Parisi is blowing donkey ***** to get attention.

Last edited:

rcav8r

isn't this negated under the state preemption law?

That's a good question. Currently, it would not be legal. When the bill takes effect, they can put in signage, but I believe an actual law would be against the preemption statute.

BROKENSPROKET

First of all, a Resolution has no legal force of law. An ordinance does have force of law, but that would be preempted under SB93.

All they have the legal right to do is POST SIGNS. Then it becomes a trespass violation.

ETA: What he said;
That's a good question. Currently, it would not be legal. When the bill takes effect, they can put in signage, but I believe an actual law would be against the preemption statute.

Last edited:

safcrkr

isn't this negated under the state preemption law?

Absolutely is. All they can do is post signs. They can pass all the "resolutions" they want to, or even ordinances, but they do not trump State statutes. They can jump up & down, throw tantrums on TV, whatever they think will get the most attention to their idiocy. But nothing has any legal standing.

My township would've passed a "resolution" years ago to "allow" concealed carry everywhere in the township, if it would've had any legal basis. We checked it out... waste of time, as 941.23, a State statute, was the law of the land and we could not over-rule or negate it on the local level. The fools in Madison cannot over-rule the pre-emption statute.

I smell more lawsuits on the horizon though... hope those fools got deep pockets.

Lurchiron

It always brings my blood to a boil with these libtards in Madison. They want to travel up north of their city with their recumbent bikes and enjoy Wisconsin's natural beauty. But they just can't respect the people that live up here. They would rather take their beliefs with them and impose them on us "poor uneducated country bumpkins" because well, we just don't know what's good for us!

Lame. So.Very.Lame.

We just need to get the wolves to chase recumbent bikes as a food source...got to think outside of da box!!!:cool: doe urine mixed with pig offal placed on tires...bon apetit big doggy!!!

Last edited:

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I was contacted by the reporter from Channel 3 with only about a half-hour to spare before he was going on air with the story. We only had time for a quick discussion. I was under the impression that the county wanted to get a statute put into effect that would allow them to ban in their buildings. After seeing the story it became clear that the County Exec. only wants the board to pass a resolution.

I immediately thought of 66.0409 and I've been in touch with the reporter since then pointing out that such a resolution would be preempted and unenforceable. He said he'd be looking into it.

WCrawford

First of all, a Resolution has no legal force of law. An ordinance does have force of law, but that would be preempted under SB93.

All they have the legal right to do is POST SIGNS. Then it becomes a trespass violation.

Would not the government agency (Dane County) that does this be guilty of violating a civil right if they trespassed someone for carrying of a gun?

It is not like they are a private property owner who can deny access to anyone they so choose, this is public property.

Someone from WCI might want to look at the preemption statutes in states where government property may not prohibit carry and try to get something added as an amendment.

Good luck with everything from Tennessee.

Elysium

If they did post since it is a county building, they would have to install metal detectors right?

BROKENSPROKET

I immediately thought of 66.0409 and I've been in touch with the reporter since then pointing out that such a resolution would be preempted and unenforceable. He said he'd be looking into it.

A resolution is not preempted. On it's own, a resolution in not enforceable. If they passed an ordinance, that would be preempted because an ordinance has force of law.

protias

I didn't think public buildings were able to do this under SB93/AR10. Good luck with your ordinance with state preemption.

Drakon

So now you guys have me confused. Can Dane County ban weapons from its buildings under the current bill? If so will they have to provide storage and metal detectors?