Thread: Novak Vs Heinie ?

Novak Vs Heinie ?

Hi all
    It has all come down to these two.
    Any advise?
    There for a USPC45

I assume you are talking about sights.

I'd go with Novak. Novaks pretty much invented the "low mount/concealed carry sight". They offer many options, from painted-on white dots, to tritium insert night sights, to plain black to 23kt gold inserts (which sound expensive, but aren't any more than Tritium, and are surprisingly bright and easy to see.)

Novak's shop built my Para Ordnance S-14.45. They do excellent work as a custom shop, have FANTASTIC customer support, and are just plain old-fashioned NICE folk. Plus they hail from the state where I grew up--WV.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

I like gold.. Ill check those out.

What about the heinie straight 8 system? Any comments on those?

Will any of these two give me even a bit more sight radius?
    Last edited by crackersillo; 06-16-2011 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crackersillo View Post

Not that familiar with the Heine sight sets, but I always thought they had an odd shape, with milled-out channels that just seemed designed to collect lint...

But some folks like them a LOT, and several manufactures contract with Heine to produce their "factory" sights for "tactical" or CC-targeted guns, including Taurus.
    Last edited by Dreamer; 06-16-2011 at 10:20 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Not a fan of the straight eight, but it's a personal thing. I'm a Novaks low mount user.

Ok, one last question. I have a TB on the USP im not planing on getting a can for it(for now) I just have it because
    It looks tacti-cool but if I go with novak and get the raised sights, will it affect my accuracy since there made to clear the can and I dont have one(yet) ?

Quote Originally Posted by bom1911 View Post
    Not a fan of the straight eight, but it's a personal thing. I'm a Novaks low mount user.
    Low mounts are designed for CC. I like them to. But I have a Glock 27 for CC. The
    Uspc is my OC gun so size doesnt matter much.

And I know guns are tools but I like cool tools and I think novak raised sights or
    Maybe not raised but the normal ones are good looking.

Low mounts are designed for CC. I like them to. But I have a Glock 27 for CC. The
    Uspc is my OC gun so size doesnt matter much.

And I know guns are tools but I like cool tools and I think novak raised sights or
    Maybe not raised but the normal ones are good looking.

If you don't EVER plan to CC, get the regular height Novaks. They are still VERY smooth and snag-free.

Just because you OC doesn't mean you can forget about issues like snagging on clothing. I have factory PAra sights on my Para (which are essentially Bomar adjustables), and if I don't wear my shirt tucked in, they can be a little snaggy if I'm not careful. Unfortunately, nobody makes a "combat" or "low mount" sight that fits into the machining of the Bowmar. I'd have to replace the whole slide to put a Novak on it.

So I practice a lot, tuck my shirts i most of the time, and am REALLY careful when I'm wearing an untucked shirt (like Hawaiian shirts)...
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

I have Heinie Straight Eight sights on two of my Taurus guns, I really like them. They take a little getting used to, but after a little while it feels very natural to use them.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Not that familiar with the Heine sight sets, but I always thought they had an odd shape, with milled-out channels that just seemed designed to collect lint...
    My PT1911AR came with these sights installed. It's the only part of the gun I DON'T seem to collect lint on...

Also, I <3 my PT1911AR.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

I don't like the Novak rear with the recess:

It's much too busy for a rear sight.

I much prefer something plain like this Heinie:

Speed shooting will be done with the front sight, or no sights. Difficult shooting will be done with both sights and a busy rear (dots, recess, different planes, etc.) will hinder you.

This is all preference, but I agree that the Heinie's aren't for me... they're just too different from most other products out there, and I don't shoot just one gun, so I like to stay with the 3 dot system.

Nothing against the Novak products, but have you considered Meprolight? IIRC, they're what H&K uses when they send a gun out of the factory with tritium sights. They're Israeli made, very high quality, and affordable. Kimber is the US importer, so all Kimbers that come with night sights come with Meprolights.

Here's a link: http://www.opticsplanet.net/meprolit...-handguns.html
    Last edited by cbpeck; 07-01-2011 at 03:17 PM.