• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

East Sound OC Report

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
I have been carrying pretty much everywhere. No issues.

Recent Events:
Weekend of July 30th I went to Mt Rainer which can be seen summarized in the South Sound OC Report [Read Full Report Here].
Tuesday Aug 2nd I went to Monroe PD Community Outreach event in Monroe [Read Full Report Here].
This weekend Aug 6th I went camping with the family at Beckler River Campground (Hwy 2 by Skykomish, Pic Attached).

Business as Usual:
During the week I carried at my normal locations.
Fred Myers (Monroe)
Fred Myers Gas (Monroe)
Safeway (Monroe)
Lowes (Monroe)
Subway (Monroe)
Al Borlin Park (Monroe)
Lake Tye Park (Monroe)
Around Town (Monroe)

Attachments

• CoreyFamCampingBecklerRiver.jpg
    CoreyFamCampingBecklerRiver.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 154

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Been open carrying quite a bit since my last post. No issues.

Most notable would be Costco (Woodinville) 2 times. No issues.
Other normal locations such as City Parks, Fast Food, Slow Food, etc around Monroe. No Issues.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Evergreen state fair (Monroe)

Just got back from open carrying at the Evergreen State Fair in Monroe. I had no issues. Several county officers around, atleast a few noticed but did not comment or harass.

Attachments

• 46.jpg
    46.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 167

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
I have let this go for a while without posting.

Been to several places in Monroe without issues.

Just now got back from a trip to subway. A Monroe Officer was inside ordering in front of me. He looked a couple times but no comment or word said. The officer left immediately after he exited the building. This was the way its suppose to be.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
I went for a nice long walk around town with the family and a couple friends, probably about 6 miles. We went for coffee, passed a couple schools, passed a couple busy parks, walked along some busy main streets, walked in some smaller side streets and a public trail. Had a couple city cop cars drive past slow rolling but went on there way, did not see them agian.

Went for some faster food

went to babies r us in lynnwood

When getting in from our walk, the folks that live next door were just getting in. He contacted me and asked the type of gun I carry and disclosed he CC (I knew). We chatted for a bit, told him about the fourm and invited him to the next East sound meet up.

Overall a good day.

Last edited:

badkarma

I was in the Duvall Subway Saturday when i saw an OCer. Looked like a local soccer mom was chatting him up so I said to the wife "See, I told you I'm not the only one who carries a gun here." I said it loud enough so they could hear. The Ocer didn't turn around and was busy ordering a sammich. I hope to see it more often.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Carried at Kirkland Uncorked today, no problems. About half dozen officers at event.

Was at sultan shindig last weekend for several hours, no problems.

Planning on going to Snohomish city festival tomorrow.

badkarma

I was at the Duvall Safeway getting gas and a man on the other side of the pump walked over and shook my hand. He said we would have less crime if more people open carried. I agreed of course and he thanked me for standing up for what is right. OCed in DT Seattle and inside the train station. No issues.

sirpuma

Went over to the other side of the water this afternoon and picked the wife up from work. Went to Jimmy Macs Roadhouse in Federal Way for dinner. Tonight was all you can eat ribs special. Mmmmmmmmmmm Also had the BIG mug of Alysian Stout (good stuff maynard.) As we went in the host asked if I was carrying a Glock. Told him it was a Springfield. He smiled and said great choice. LOL. Sat with my strong side showing in a booth while we dined on their crack like doughnut biscuits and the awesome ribs. All smiles and great service. I think tomorrow night is Prime Rib night. Great food and great atmosphere.

Last edited:

boosteddreams

Great "encounter" at my condo complex

I was out in the lube bay at my complex, fighting with the oil filter on my IS, when my phone rang. It was a security guard, and this is gist of the conversation that ensued:

Her: "Are you at your unit right now?"
Me: "No, I'm up at the lube bay."
Her: "Are you or someone you're with carrying a pistol?"
Me: "Yes." --thinking it's going to be one of those conversations.
Her: "Okay. I'm calling because a resident called in when [he/she; I don't remember] saw someone walking up to your unit with a gun. I know that open carry is legal and you probably have a permit."
Me: "Actually, you don't need to have a permit to carry openly."
Her: "Oh! Well, that's good to know. *lowers voice* I have a permit and I carry, too - not here, though. *voice goes back up to normal* I just wanted to make sure you were okay."
Me: --surprised at the turn the conversation has taken-- "Well, thank you very much! I appreciate that the other resident was concerned, and that you called to check on me. For future reference, if anyone mentions seeing someone with a gun by my unit, it's probably me or one of my friends since we frequently OC."

She stopped by a few minutes later to put away some equipment and meet me so she would know what I look like if anyone else called about me. At that point she told me that before calling me, she'd called the local PD's non-emergency number to verify that OC was legal, and then looked through the HOA documents to see if they mentioned anything about firearms on the property (they don't). I told her how much I appreciated that she verified the legality of it before contacting me, and she thanked me for being so nice about it. I was very impressed with her professionalism and courtesy, and it's great to know that a neighbor was watching out. I think it was one of the people who moved in across the street a few days earlier - I guess I'll have to break 'em in! :lol:

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
At that point she told me that before calling me, she'd called the local PD's non-emergency number to verify that OC was legal, and then looked through the HOA documents to see if they mentioned anything about firearms on the property (they don't). I told her how much I appreciated that she verified the legality of it before contacting me, and she thanked me for being so nice about it.

I am curious how this would have turned out if the local PD's non-emergency number gave conflicting information and indicated that is was not legal and insisted on sending a unit...

Glad everything ended up good and glad the PD gave the correct information!

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
First OC for the wife...

Today was the first time Mrs Slap open carried. We were out and about up in my baker Snoqualmie national forest, dennys pet world in Kirkland (38 year celebration, KMPS radio was there), goodwill in Monroe and Starbucks in Monroe. No issues as expected, the wife enjoyed it. Building up her confidence.

07Altima

its good to hear from both of you

Boosted I am happy that it turned out well for you!

Slap I am glad your wife is starting to carry mine carried with me for the first time away from the group meet,
first time was down in Seattle at the east precinct so I was very proud of her for that.
Her confidence is growing faster than I ever thought. We are both feeling pretty pumped by the way seattle turned out.

boosteddreams

O'Reilly Auto Parts in Bothell at 522/527. Five employees in there, and they asked what caliber I carried and we talked shop for a bit. I asked about the corporate policy against guns and the manager said it only applied to employees and he recognized state law. Great attitudes all the way around, so I'll keep that store in mind.

badkarma

Wallace Falls in Gold Bar today. One other OCer was coming up the trail as I was heading down. Mi Tierra mexican restaurant also. No issues.

amzbrady

O'Reilly Auto Parts in Bothell at 522/527. Five employees in there, and they asked what caliber I carried and we talked shop for a bit. I asked about the corporate policy against guns and the manager said it only applied to employees and he recognized state law. Great attitudes all the way around, so I'll keep that store in mind.

Dont forget their competitor follows state law also and can usually beat their prices if not they price match if warranties are same.