• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What will be your CC weapon of choice?

Alexcabbie

Walther PPK/s WITH THE CAVEAT that if it's a S&W model, ensure that it was made AFTER the 2008 safety recall OR that it has the punch-mark on the tang under the hammer that indicates the work was done. And even then, check to be SURE, because

(1) the problem was, engaging the decocking safety could fire the weapon :eek::shocker: and
(2) S&W did a little feed-ramp polishing as part of the work. Before this was done, the weapons were jam-o-matics. Very few complaints from users who had this done now.

That, or any reasonably well-made snubnose revolver so long as the chambers line up with the forcing cone and don't throw lead shavings back atcha, and it isn't made out of "pot-metal". Taurus makes some nice ones for cheap.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
I'm very impressed to see so many people concealing full size/service size autos. I hate when I hear coworkers discussing how terrible the 1911/G22/17/XDm 4.5/etc are for CC. I just wanna slap'm and say, "man up."

45acpForMe

I thought I posted in this thread but it must have been another cc thread.

I CC the Sig P220 Compact SAS Gen2 which has night sights and a short reset trigger. I like it because it fits in my pocket and can use the same magazines as my primary Sig P220 Stainless Elite.

220-Compact-SAS-detail-hero.jpg

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Here's mine:

Full size PT1911 DuoTone

View attachment 6053

View attachment 6054

::edit:: wrong pics as I'm sure this thread will end up being moved to a different section of the forum

Can I just say that this is a bad ass / reliable gun regardless of the bad rap taurus has? The 1911 is something they got right. When people get a kimber that's faulty, they send it back for a repair. When people get a sprinfield that's faulty, they send it back for repair. When people get a dan wesson, wilson combat, etc faulty, they send it back for repair...

When people get a PT1911 that's faulty, they go OMFG LOOK A TAURUS 1911 IS SUCH CRAP LOOK AT IT! IT'S NOT PERFECT! I KNEW IT I KNEW IT TAURUS SUCKS OMFG THEY HAVE A LIFETIME WARRENTY...FOR A REASON!!!!!!!!

Good pick for a carry gun wolf. Sorry to go a bit off topic guys, I know no one is bashing his PT1911, I just wanted to chime in on a good pick for carry.

Wetworx

I have the exact same pistol as the OP for my EDC gun (PF9 stainless). On casual work days and the weekend, I typically carry my Springfield TRP Operator (I love this gun). Of course, my center console always keeps my Glock 21 handy, so I always have something wherever I drive! :)

.45acp

I'm very impressed to see so many people concealing full size/service size autos. I hate when I hear coworkers discussing how terrible the 1911/G22/17/XDm 4.5/etc are for CC. I just wanna slap'm and say, "man up."

I hear ya, nothing worse than folks whining about a few extra ounces in thier carry gun.

Man up is right!

jayspapa

When away from my " rights denied " state , I carry either my Kimber tactical ultra , or my PF-9 .

I don't know about others here but I have way to much extra padding for a full size gun to be close to comfortable or even mildly uncomfortable.

BobVA

Depending on clothing and where I am going, either:

My Sig P239 .40 SAS SRT or

My Sig P238 .380 (USMC Limited Edition)

Both work well in almost all circumstances for CC.