Greater Richmond Area OC Breakfast, Sat 6/18/11. 9:30 AM

Greater Richmond Area OC Breakfast, Sat 6/18. 9:30 AM

River City Diner
    Parham Rd & I-95.................. Get directions
    803 East Parham Rd
    804-266-1500
    Richmond, VA 23227

Be there or be square!

There will be tales told. Some tails will be pinned. Others will be pinned back. And one might even be pinned to the barn wall.

Yes, the stated start trime is 9:30, but those wanting to be seated for the first serving should plan on arriving early and claiming seats with the best view for hearing.

stay safe.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    May be and may be not - won't know the start time of my other obligations until the morning.

Watch the horizon - if you see me that'll be me.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I want to make one of these meets at some point (provided out-of-staters aren't on the menu).

Thought it would have been today, but circumstances intervened... oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr H View Post
    I want to make one of these meets at some point (provided out-of-staters aren't on the menu).

Thought it would have been today, but circumstances intervened... oh well.
    It would be good to meet you - we always have a good time.

Breakfast at 9:30 AM almost every Sat. and an OC dinner the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7:00 PM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

There were a few folks who privately indicated they would show up who did not. Others apparently were finally toiling in the soil hoping they could have food to eat come the winter.

While everybody else was absent we solved the problems of the world. If you senf $9.99 + shipping and handling we will send you a full CD set of the answers. If you respond within the next 24 hours we will send you another full CD set for free - just pay additional shipping and handling.

See you next time.

stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    It would be good to meet you - we always have a good time.

Breakfast at 9:30 AM almost every Sat. and an OC dinner the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7:00 PM.
    Would not be able to do this until sometime mid-July, as it looks now... but will definitely keep it on the radar.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    I'm in Chase City now (only place my modem will hit a signal)

I got busy on something in Surry, I expect a little birdie told you...and damned if I didn't forget my Sweet Potato starts

I got a half acre of watermelons in that should have been in a month ago, tore the solar panals apart finding a problem and had to use the wind generator all day, put a new battery in the Grizzly and did some exploring in the lower 70 (there are still parts I haven't seen)

Fertilized the tomatoes and beans and got the second planting of spinach and tobacco in.

Then the storms came....this morning I realized a cut I'd gotten last week had turned septic. Lanced it, said things I'll have to discuss in church, then worked on the plumbing (I am behind on maintenance)

A very hot day today and now it's storming again.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    I'm in Chase City now (only place my modem will hit a signal)

I got busy on something in Surry, I expect a little birdie told you...and damned if I didn't forget my Sweet Potato starts

I got a half acre of watermelons in that should have been in a month ago, tore the solar panals apart finding a problem and had to use the wind generator all day, put a new battery in the Grizzly and did some exploring in the lower 70 (there are still parts I haven't seen)

Fertilized the tomatoes and beans and got the second planting of spinach and tobacco in.

Then the storms came....this morning I realized a cut I'd gotten last week had turned septic. Lanced it, said things I'll have to discuss in church, then worked on the plumbing (I am behind on maintenance)

A very hot day today and now it's storming again.
    So other than that, how did your day go?

So other than that, how did your day go?
    Oh just trivial things...
    I'm running a fever, I guess from the cut, nearly shot one of the new bear silhouettes I put on the main gates because it startled me, had to chase Zeus under the camper because he decided it was cooler there, put up the new canopy which is nice

Discovered a new species of tick that LIKES DEET, and am trying to come up with a Surry plan for Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Oh just trivial things...
    I'm running a fever, I guess from the cut, nearly shot one of the new bear silhouettes I put on the main gates because it startled me, had to chase Zeus under the camper because he decided it was cooler there, put up the new canopy which is nice

Discovered a new species of tick that LIKES DEET, and am trying to come up with a Surry plan for Monday.
    Suggestion: Get antibiotics now! Other things can wait until tomorrow, that can't.

Suggestion: Get antibiotics now! Other things can wait until tomorrow, that can't.
    Started them about an hour ago Grape. The wonders of a well stocked Emergency kit.
    I'm about 2 hours from a real hospital (They have something in Farmville but the locals say to go to Richmond unless your leaking blood by the gallon)so I'm heading that way tonight just in case.