• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Poll - Proposed Ammendments for SB93

BROKENSPROKET

I am not advocatiing for ammendments this session, but we all know the laguage needs to be cleaned up and we should have a clear vision of what to bing to them so they can fix things when they come back in the fall.

What do you want to see changed?

Ideas I have heard so far are:

1 -Eliminate 48 hour waiting period for handgun purchases for Licensee's

2- Allow licensee's to carry in thier vehicle on school grounds for the purpose of pick-up adn drop-off as long as the Licensee's does not leave the vehicle while carrying.

3- Clarify posting requirements.(more info to come)

4-Add any weapons carried by a licensee to the the pre-emption in 66.0409

5- Add something to 66.0409 like "An political subdivision of the state retains ordinances or resulions, preempted by 66.0409, whether enforced or not, shall not be immune, shall be open, to civil liability"
or
anything else that would give it teeth.

What else are we looking for? Short of Constitutional Carry that is. We have to be realiistic that it will take time to build stronger support for it.

Last edited:

Wolf1477

Signage:

Require at least a 12x12 (something not a standard size or able to be cut from a standard size down to) posted *prominently* with the correct statute numbers, else the posting is invalid. Wi "No Trespassing", Tx and Al sign requirements as examples.

My initial thought off the cuff

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

Signage:

Require at least a 12x12 (something not a standard size or able to be cut from a standard size down to) posted *prominently* with the correct statute numbers, else the posting is invalid. Wi "No Trespassing", Tx and Al sign requirements as examples.

My initial thought off the cuff

CAn anyone post a picture of or a link to the Texas and Alabama sign requirements so I can get an idea?

safcrkr

Remove the word "locked" from the state GFSZ law. It's always been unloaded and encased. Now it's unloaded and in a "locked" case. Not exactly sure if this change applies just to handguns, or to long-guns too. If it applies to long-guns, this change will create a few million "instant criminals" next hunting season. There's probably not a hunter in this state that won't drive through a school zone with grandpa's old gun case holding a shotgun or rifle.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Remove the word "locked" from the state GFSZ law. It's always been unloaded and encased. Now it's unloaded and in a "locked" case. Not exactly sure if this change applies just to handguns, or to long-guns too. If it applies to long-guns, this change will create a few million "instant criminals" next hunting season. There's probably not a hunter in this state that won't drive through a school zone with grandpa's old gun case holding a shotgun or rifle.

I has been removed as part of SSA2. You are still in violation of Federal law but there is nothing the WI legislature can do about it.

safcrkr

I has been removed as part of SSA2. You are still in violation of Federal law but there is nothing the WI legislature can do about it.

I don't think it has. They deleted the state exceptions and defaulted to the federal in SB93. That's still there in SSA2 to bill SB93. http://legis.wisconsin.gov/2011/data/SB93-SSA2.pdf , page 57 lists the "exceptions" to the GFSZ, lines 21-22 lists the federal law exceptions - among which are unloaded and in a "locked" container or gun rack. If they removed it, the change hasn't hit the SB93-SSA2 pdf yet.

paul@paul-fisher.com

I don't think it has. They deleted the state exceptions and defaulted to the federal in SB93. That's still there in SSA2 to bill SB93. http://legis.wisconsin.gov/2011/data/SB93-SSA2.pdf , page 57 lists the "exceptions" to the GFSZ, lines 21-22 lists the federal law exceptions - among which are unloaded and in a "locked" container or gun rack. If they removed it, the change hasn't hit the SB93-SSA2 pdf yet.

Page 57 line 22 of the attachment you referenced lists USC USC 922 (q) (2) (B) (i), (iv), (v), (vi), or (vii).

Notice, no (iii), that is the reference to 'locked' cases. SSA1 had (iii).

BROKENSPROKET

I say pass it as is and fix it later.

This thread IS about what we want fixed later.

Most want it as is as not to risk losing it all. I am not afraid of that. I do concede so that the Senate won't have to come back just to pass and focus all their energy on campaigning for the recalls as a solidified party, except maybe Shultz.

Ken8521

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

Most already know my change....

Remove the 4 month waiting period of the repeal 167.31....

And no permit required UP to school property.....

Like either of the above is gonna happen.....:banghead:

Outdoorsman1