• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mark Fiorino Philly OC Update...

usamarshal

Just wondering if there was an update on the case, the officers involved, etc...?

usamarshal

Still trying to figure out why they are bring charges against him...the SGT in the audio even said if you would have told me you had your ccw it would have been cool....Even though Mark did say two or three times he had his ccw and offered to show it to the officer...Any lawyers in here have any thoughts on this?

kadar

It wasn't the police that brought the charges up. it was the the DA's office. Specifically the anti-gun former state Representative Bryan Lentz. He is now Chief Supervising Special Assistant District Attorney for the Gun Violence Task Force.

And from what I understand of it, the charges were because of the danger that was imposed by the secondary officers racing to the scene who could have hurt or killed someone.

Last edited:

Greg Bradburn

It wasn't the police that brought the charges up. it was the the DA's office. Specifically the anti-gun former state Representative Bryan Lentz. He is now Chief Supervising Special Assistant District Attorney for the Gun Violence Task Force.

And from what I understand of it, the charges were because of the danger that was imposed by the secondary officers racing to the scene who could have hurt or killed someone.

In that case, why weren't the charges filed against the idiotic sergeant who called for "backup" in the first place?

usamarshal

Your serious? So because a SGT that didn't know the law calls back up and Mark is getting blamed for it? Will this even hold up in a court of law? This makes no sense to me...haha...Who the hell wants to live in a city with this type of thinking from the prosecutors office? Crazy man.

MKEgal

kadar said:
from what I understand of it, the charges were because of the danger that was imposed by the secondary officers racing to the scene who could have hurt or killed someone.
Greg Bradburn said:
In that case, why weren't the charges filed against the idiotic sergeant who called for "backup" in the first place?
^^^^ THIS!!!
Mark very clearly told the guy several times he had a permit & offered to show it.
The officer refused.

The officer could have looked at the permit, checked to see it was valid, & cancelled the call for backup (for a non-problem).
Nothing that happened can be blamed on Mark.

In fact, if someone calls in a false MWAG (sees an OCer), why can't they be charged w/ endangering people & misusing 911?

mrjam2jab

The charges were brought because Marc embarrassed the City by making them look like idiots. The charges weren't brought until the Youtube "video" was released and it hit the news. Lentz is just grasping at straws.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
The charges were brought because Marc embarrassed the City by making them look like idiots. The charges weren't brought until the Youtube "video" was released and it hit the news. Lentz is just grasping at straws.

No, no. Lentz is just doing his job with respect to the Gun Violence Task Force--making sure the cops can commit gun violence with impunity. You see, if they can convict Fiorino, then Fiorino will have that much harder of a time with a civil suit. If a civil suit went against the cops it would cut into their game of committing gun violence against law-abiding citizens.

Last edited:

c45man

No, no. Lentz is just doing his job with respect to the Gun Violence Task Force--making sure the cops can commit gun violence with impunity. You see, if they can convict Fiorino, then Fiorino will have that much harder of a time with a civil suit. If a civil suit went against the cops it would cut into their game of committing gun violence against law-abiding citizens.

If Lentz is as incompetant as a lawyer as he was as a state representative, Mr. Fiorino has little to worry about if Bryan boy is representing the prosecution. So just let the anti-gun zealot do his job and in the end, the job will be botched.