• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Come support 2A open carry in Huntington Park today and tomorrow 6-18/6-19

LAopencarry

we will have a booth at the street carnival today and tomorrow corner of florence/pacific blvd 90255 any questions call 323-274-6655

Last edited:

cato

Man, Huntington Park is LAUSD school central! Everyone still jail free??? Your in South Gate? Last I heard SG had the highest felon per capita in the Nation. You need a loaded gun not UOC!

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
Man, Huntington Park is LAUSD school central! Everyone still jail free??? Your in South Gate? Last I heard SG had the highest felon per capita in the Nation. You need a loaded gun not UOC!

Yeah- in reviewing a map depiciting the intersection at Florence and Pacific Blvd, St Matthias High School is definately ~1000 feet away. Aspire Antonio Maria Lugo Academy is definately < 1000 feet away from the intersection. This is a great example of how not doing your research can hurt you.

I dont begrudge anyone the desire to be armed, particularly in a bad area- but if you are determined to organize and participate in these activities, you absolutely cannot make any mistakes with your education about the applicable laws.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
Two things;

1) Paragraphs (or other formatting) is your friend. It does not make it very easy to read when you post in one unbroken block of text.
2) In your most recent post, you address the concerns about GFSZ that Cato and I brought up. This might be appropriate to delete if in fact, there was a violation of 626.9- you have the right not to implicate yourself. As we have seen with Theseus, it doesnt really matter if you know or should have reasonably known a school was nearby, since the judiciary is not above rewriting the law to ensure a conviction.

While calling the police and letting them know your activities seems to be working for you, I would say at some point, they must be acclimated enough that you cease informing them. If they are unlawfully detaining you at gun point, you must take measures to educate them that this is not appropriate or justifiable- this would include having a capable attorney and the funding to pursue action against the offending officers and agencies.

mjones

1) Bad formatting, so I didn't take the time to read it.

2) The only thing that jumped out at me was "LAC sheriffs"

LAC on gun forums generally means Lawfully Armed Citizen
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Dept is abbreviated LASD.

Wow I think I just made my most worthless post ever - is that how people get into the 5,000 plus post club?