• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Possibly some positivety

hjmoosejaw

So far I haven't had to deal with any negative responses to my OC'ing, nothing verbalized anyway. Yesterday I was in a "5 Guys Burgers" in Meadville (excellent burgers and fries). I got my food and walked over to a table purposely sitting facing the door and counter. The Sig on my side was obvious to anybody that glanced my way (nobody seemed to mind) As I was eating my burger, a woman approx. 55 walked in with what was probably her two grandsons,like 5 and 7. The boys were trotting around saying ,"Let's sit here, no let's sit here,no,over here"! While Grandma was walking toward the dining area which was spacious and had enough open seating, she looked over,saw my firearm, looked right at me with a warm smile.(which I didn't mind cause I'm 53) and said to the boys, "No,over here". Then she lead them to a table right behind mine.(but off to the side a little) It was like she strategically placed me between her little bunch and the door. Like she used my being there with a gun as added security for her and her grandsons. There was nothing spoken , just a feeling she seemed to convey. I wonder how many people out there when seeing an apparent good guy with a gun actually feel more secure. I know I do.

hjmoosejaw

Not an LEO

I doubt she thought I was an leo, so yeah, it's definitely gotta be that cute thing.