• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Dakota and video cameras question please

James Trente

I live in South Dakota and i was wondering if any of you knew, or could direct me to the right place to find out the legality of video tapping an LEO while beings Questioned, stopped, pulled over. that sort of thing, thanks much appreciated

James Trente

zwvirtual

I used to be a reserve police officer in Rapid City years ago. At the time SDCL on taping someone (video or audio) was that it is fine as long as one party is aware of the recording. In this case as long as you are aware that you are recording then you are fine. You can search South Dakota Codified Laws online and find your answers.