Thread: CCW in KY, Questions about open carry

Question CCW in KY, Questions about open carry

I have a CCW permit in KY and need to know if I can open carry in TN and NC. They both recognize KYs CCW but TN states that you have to have a permit to open carry there. Any help would be apprecated.

Activist Member
    In tn u must have their license or a license of a state they honor to carry openly or concealed, so u can carry either way. In NC if ur wanting to openly carry you can regardless of permit, but since u have a ky CCDw I would carry concealed since NC has gattop, which officers use to arrest lawful open carriers. I would still study up on their laws and check for preemption laws. Some states allow cities and counties to have stricter gun laws than the state they are in.

Thanks that helps.

NC localities can restrict the open carry of firearms
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436