Thread: Disturbing the Peace while Open Carry

Disturbing the Peace while Open Carry

Has anyone ever got a arrested or got a ticketed for disturbing the peace while open carry. I ask this because a lot a police say they can use that law and arrest me?

I know the law of Oregon on disturbing the peace law. It says INTENTIONALLY on the disturbing the peace law. Yet, I have read many stories of people that open carry in other states that got arrested and fined for that law. They even went to court to sued the police and lost.

sorry, mistake.... has anyone ever got arrested or ticketed on disturbing the peace FOR open carry.

can the mere presence of a firearm create a disturbance? OR would there need to be other circumstances that would lead to the arrest of anyone, whether or not they were armed.

sounds like somene is getting info so that they can start pushing buttons....

probably the best course of action is to have an attourney research the issue, you will need one soon anyway.....

Hey teddybear, go some where else. Your Intelligence is so low that it is not welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Drouin View Post
    Has anyone ever got a arrested or got a ticketed for disturbing the peace while open carry. I ask this because a lot a police say they can use that law and arrest me?

I know the law of Oregon on disturbing the peace law. It says INTENTIONALLY on the disturbing the peace law. Yet, I have read many stories of people that open carry in other states that got arrested and fined for that law. They even went to court to sued the police and lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybearfrmhell View Post
    can the mere presence of a firearm create a disturbance? OR would there need to be other circumstances that would lead to the arrest of anyone, whether or not they were armed.

sounds like somene is getting info so that they can start pushing buttons....

probably the best course of action is to have an attourney research the issue, you will need one soon anyway.....
    This is precisely the question at hand. The mere presence of a firearm does not constitute RAS. A mere report of a man with a gun is not grounds for a Terry stop. Florida v. J. L., 529 U.S. 266 (2000). Therefore, under which Oregon Statute could there possibly be a violation. Short of any other behavior??
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Drouin View Post
    Hey teddybear, go some where else. Your Intelligence is so low that it is not welcome.
    so my questions are not valid? my advice to hire a lawyer shows low intelligence that is not welcome by whom?

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    This is precisely the question at hand. The mere presence of a firearm does not constitute RAS. A mere report of a man with a gun is not grounds for a Terry stop. Florida v. J. L., 529 U.S. 266 (2000). Therefore, under which Oregon Statute could there possibly be a violation. Short of any other behavior??
    my point exactly! the presence of a firearm in and of itself can NOT cause a disturbance..... a disturbance can only be caused by the actions of the individual.