• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed license

taotaogalu

I applied fr a concealed FID 2 months ago, not surprisingly I was denied. I met all requirements needed to get approved except for one, I wasn't in fear for my life and property. Im not a felon,law breaker,nor I have a felony record or any misdemeanor record except for a few speeding tickets.Well it was worth a shot maybe I`ll keep on trying maybe this time say that I am in fear for my life and property and engaged in the protection for my life and property...

Badger Johnson

You don't say your location. Research the laws, maybe get an atty to help you.

I'd advise you do not lie on your application. You may even be able to open carry. Good luck.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
If you applied and were turned down already as not meeting a crucial element of eligibility, you are going to have to show a change of circumstance as to why/how you now meet that element. Here http://www.nraila.org/gunlaws/federal/read.aspx?id=55 are the basic laws. Here http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/guam.pdf they discuss the need for "exceptional cause" in order to get a carry endorsement on your permit.

You might want to read Chris' study of Guam firearm laws at http://armaborealis.blogspot.com/2010/12/guam-guns.html . The Guam Police Dept's regulations http://www.justice.gov.gu/compileroflaws/GAR/27GAR/27GAR001-1.pdf clearly indicate that concealed carry permits are approved on a discretionary basis by the Chief of Police. Until Guam goes to "Shall Issue" it looks like your best bet is to contribute to the Chief's favorite charity <wink, nudge>, or be some sort of celebrity. (Does Guam have any celebrities?)

stay safe.

kenny671

Sorry that you got denied. I won't even bother applying, as, and this is just my personal opinion, the pari system is very much in play here, in that I have to be really tight with the chief, or someone way up in the department, since the law pretty much spells out that it's up to the chief's discretion... again my own opinion, so this is not to say that if someone has demonstrated the necessary requirements they won't get it.

This is just hearsay, but remember that home invasion in Tamuning in Nov 2009? The victim, J.B. Lopez (who actually have a non-concealed ID), got a concealed now. Crazy, but I've had a run in with that meth-head saki who allegedly did the deed, so good for Mr. Lopez on finally exercising his right, hindsight and all that.

initial V

I'm a business owner that provides services to clients and carry expensive equipment. How do I go about applying for a concealed license?

initial V

I applied fr a concealed FID 2 months ago, not surprisingly I was denied. I met all requirements needed to get approved except for one, I wasn't in fear for my life and property. Im not a felon,law breaker,nor I have a felony record or any misdemeanor record except for a few speeding tickets.Well it was worth a shot maybe I`ll keep on trying maybe this time say that I am in fear for my life and property and engaged in the protection for my life and property...

What was the process like? Did you have to fall into that "it feels like eternity" line?

Jeffrey671

i'm a young disabled veteran, and a business owner. However I think I kept getting denied because I put in the serial number of my M4 rifle. However now that I have carry handguns, I can probably re-apply and try again.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Really?

i'm a young disabled veteran, and a business owner. However I think I kept getting denied because I put in the serial number of my M4 rifle. However now that I have carry handguns, I can probably re-apply and try again.

Some things seem a bit inconsistent. You imply that you have applied more than once (paid each time too I presume) for a permit to carry a M4 rifle. How many times did you apply in this manner?

A M4 is the carbine version of the M16 rifle - both are select fire. Neither are normally legal to own by non-military/non-LEO - hint they were made after the May 1986 cutoff date to register them legally.

Please explain why the local constabulary is not knocking on your door.

bozuka

Some things seem a bit inconsistent. You imply that you have applied more than once (paid each time too I presume) for a permit to carry a M4 rifle. How many times did you apply in this manner?

A M4 is the carbine version of the M16 rifle - both are select fire. Neither are normally legal to own by non-military/non-LEO - hint they were made after the May 1986 cutoff date to register them legally.

Please explain why the local constabulary is not knocking on your door.

I'm thinking he was talking about an AR15M4. Thats the most likely scenario.

bozuka

Need to meet the Chief

I was reading all these posts and was thinking. I've been wanting to get a concealed for a long time but never met any of the requirements. I just wanted one because of all these acts of violence that have happened especially the one in Tumon last year. I guarentee if one person with a concealed was down there, we wouldn't have so many casualties. We would have just had one dead criminal.

So it looks like I need to meet the Chief get buddy buddy with him and explain my case. Luckily he is also a Marine Veteran and we could have something in commone. Pretty soon I'll be able to invoke the Pari system. haha