• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Visiting OK for a wedding

hrdware

You're right in a contact initiated by you, you have no duty to notify. As I indicated, most of my contact comes through traffic stops :cool: so then I have a duty to notify.

Yes, I agree that most cops don't want to see OC, and most City PD where I live don't like CC either. I have had some very smarmy comments from them, but then, I shoot at the range often. One year, all the PD here FAILED their annual qualifying shoot! You can tell when quals are coming up by listening to the scanner and hear all the PD going 10-8 at the range that the city built for them :D

Thankfully, most are passing their annual qual lately :cool:

I somewhat enjoy talking to people who think that all LEOs know everything about firearms. That is until I start mentioning stories of NDs and officers being unsafe. Then the folks I'm talking to realize just how un-knowledgeable some people really are. The campus cops at the college I went to were about the same....about a month before quals they all started going to the range so they could pass. Was talking to one officer once and he said there were some officers who only removed their firearm from the holster once a year....at qual time.

okboomer

Scary, huh? But then, they say the best gun to buy used is an LEO gun as it has been cleaned, but shot very little LOL

I haven't been shooting lately ... too hot at the outdoor range, but I know I could out shoot most of the LEOs here, and I noticed the Sheriff dept hadn't won any LEO shoot championships for the past 12 years or so when I was up there during the winter. Trophy for year after year after year, then nothing! Someone must have retired :p