Thread: Eau Claire County is continuing the assult on your rights!

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc.'s Avatar

Exclamation Eau Claire County is continuing the assult on your rights!

Ladies and gentlemen:

I wrote you last month and urged you to attend an Eau Claire County Board meeting to express you concern about a resolution they are taking up to limit ALL carry rights, not only in Eau Claire County but the entire state. Unfortunately, the elected supervisors have chosen to ignore the people and have passed the resolution through committee on June 14, 2011. The full board will be taking up the resolution again at their June meeting TOMORROW (June 21). Further more, the sponsor of the resolution Supervisor Wilkie is actively advocating that all doctors, lawyers, firemen, police officers, and other professionals, advocate against the free exercise of your rights. The resolution is specifically designed to limit your rights and instill PANIC in the general public.

The time to act is NOW! We need your support! Will you ask Supervisor Wilkie why he sponsored and wants to pass a resolution designed to scare people? If you do NOTHING else this year, PLEASE get this out to EVERYBODY you know and encourage them to spread the word. Call and right to Mr. Wilkie, and the other Eau Claire County Supervisors. Be polite, but let him/them know of your displeasure with this anti-rights, anti-constitution, stance. http://www.co.eau-claire.wi.us/Count...bers/index.htm

Gerald (Jerry) Wilkie
    3114 Coltman Lane
    Eau Claire, WI 54701
    715.834.0628(Work)
    boltonrefugehouse@att.net

We have several people in attendance at the May meeting but it was obviously not enough. We need to fill the room and the corridors with pro-rights people. Make no mistake, this is an anti-rights, anti-constitution, proposal and we MUST take action.

June 21, 2011. 7:00PM.
    County Board Chambers - Room 2560
    Eau Claire County Courthouse
    721 Oxford Avenue
    Eau Claire, WI 54703
    http://www.co.eau-claire.wi.us/Agend...nda/062111.pdf

We should try to arrive at 6:00PM if possible so we can hand out the "guns save lives" buttons as people enter the building. We need to have as many people as possible speak against this resolution. The public comment section is at the beginning of the meeting so it is important to be there before the meeting starts.

I WILL be there, please wear your cleanest WCI shirt, your empty holster, your "guns save lives buttons" and as always, bring your best behavior. The board meeting is scheduled for 7:00PM.

Carry On,

Hubert Hoffman, Vice President
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    P.O. Box 270403
    Milwaukee, WI. 53227
    Hubert@wisconsincarry.org
    608-792-0669
    http://www.wisconsincarry.org
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    P.O. Box 270403
    Milwaukee, WI. 53227
    608-792-0669
    Disclaimer: Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Do you have a link to specifics about the resolution?

The agenda packet

http://www.co.eau-claire.wi.us/Agend...062111_pkt.pdf

Page 16 starts the "fact sheet" that is roght with misleading information.

Page 18 has the actual resolution.
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    P.O. Box 270403
    Milwaukee, WI. 53227
    608-792-0669
    Disclaimer: Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Arrow And If They Pass This "Resolution"?

Maybe I am missing the point here but it is a resolution. Right? What legal force does it carry? I downloaded and read it and I agree it is rife with misleading information. It looks just like something from WAVE or the Brady Bunch.

How will their resolution affect us who open or conceal carry now or after the concealed carry bill becomes law?

I don't understand how something Eau Claire county does will preempt either state law or how it will effect my day in Milwaukee county.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Angry little liberal nitwits in Eau Claire making a stink. This is not new. Eau Claire is rife with these turds. Never mind the staggering number of sexual assaults that take place on and around the UW Eau Claire college campus. Those are quickly swept under the rug and don't even make a blip on the local news radar. After all, the city of Eau Claire has a reputation to uphold and can't have it tarnished by such inconveniences.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    Maybe I am missing the point here but it is a resolution. Right? What legal force does it carry? I downloaded and read it and I agree it is rife with misleading information. It looks just like something from WAVE or the Brady Bunch.

How will their resolution affect us who open or conceal carry now or after the concealed carry bill becomes law?
    It's more of a principle thing. If people see this pass, they will assume that the statements are true.

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    It's more of a principle thing. If people see this pass, they will assume that the statements are true.

Is it a LAW? Is it in any way binding to the citizens? I may be way off base here but a resolution doesn't have any teeth does it? If you lie often enough does that become truth? If it has some actual bearing on open or concealed carry I would be concerned, but from what I understand its like someone saying they will eat broccoli but don't like it.

And for the record, I dont like broccoli.
    Last edited by bigdaddy1; 06-20-2011 at 03:28 PM.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1 View Post
    Is it a LAW? Is it in any way binding to the citizens? I may be way off base here but a resolution doesn't have any teeth does it? If you lie often enough does that become truth? If it has some actual bearing on open or concealed carry I would be concerned, but from what I understand its like someone saying they will eat broccoli but don't like it.

And for the record, I dont like broccoli.
    No, not a law but as 2nd amendment supporters we should be vocal when our elected officials try to mislead our fellow citizens. Unfortunately, a lot of people take what the government puts out as the truth without checking the background.

I don't think Hubert is saying storm the place, just be informed and if you can show up to show opposition, do it. If you can't show up and are a constituent, write them and tell them you don't appreciate being lied to/about.

I just read their "facts".

Make sure you point out that the crap they printed about it being more strict for retired law enforcement to get a permit in WI, is NOT required for them to get the same permit as non-LEOs in WI. It's modeled after LEOSA/HR218, and that part of the bill is for them to get the proper LEOSA credentials to carry nationwide under the FEDERAL guidelines. It gives the DOJ the power to do what all WI LEO agencies have declined to do, and should have been doing all along. The yearly qualifying and carry of a specific gun is mandated by FEDERAL law for them to get the LEOSA card... not a WI CC permit. The LEOSA card allows unrestricted carry in all 50 States, not just WI. Big differance that they're not talking about in order to intentionally mislead... or they're too stupid to understand what's going on with that part of the bill. A LEOSA permit must be certified yearly by a LEO agency. This bill gives DOJ that authority.

Also, I see they have convenintly (for their purposes) changed the wording of the VPC "study". The VPC said 300 people have been "killed" by permit holders since 2007, not "murdered". This figure includes justified self defense shootings, not "murders"!!! There's a huge distinction between a "murder" and a "killing" in self-defense. The VPC intentially published this figure of shootings by permit holders to mislead, and these Bozos have gone one step further by calling it "murders".

edit to add: In reading some more of the link, I see that they need a 2/3 majority to pass a resolution, and they attempted to pass this back in May, but were outvoted ... 12 Ayes, 14 NOES. So they gave it to a "committee" for further review. After that lost vote, now the committee recommends passage? My guess is the committee is "stacked" and made up of mostly those 12 aye voters.
    Last edited by safcrkr; 06-20-2011 at 04:35 PM.

You are right, it is "just" a resolution. BUT, it enables the anti-rights crowd to use their position with the county board to send a letter/memo to the legislature/governor stating that Eau Claire County opposes concealed carry. Implying the majority are opposed to concealed carry because nobody "objected" to the resolution and it was passed unanimously by the county board. Which inturn could change the way certain elected officials vote and now you have a statewide effect.

To quote OCDO, "a right unexercised is a right lost." Inaction is itself an action. Doing nothing, not standing in opposition, automatically implies consent.

We must stand against ALL these attacks upon our rights, regardless how insignificant they may seem. It's the proverbial "give them and inch, and they'll take a mile."
    Last edited by Wisconsin Carry, Inc.; 06-20-2011 at 04:31 PM.
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    P.O. Box 270403
    Milwaukee, WI. 53227
    608-792-0669

Exclamation Yes. I Agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Wisconsin Carry, Inc. View Post
    You are right, it is "just" a resolution. BUT, it enables the anti-rights crowd to use their position with the county board to send a letter/memo to the legislature/governor stating that Eau Claire County opposes concealed carry. Implying the majority are opposed to concealed carry because nobody "objected" to the resolution and it was passed unanimously by the county board. Which inturn could change the way certain elected officials vote and now you have a statewide effect.

To quote OCDO, "a right unexercised is a right lost." Inaction is itself an action. Doing nothing, not standing in opposition, automatically implies consent.

We must stand against ALL these attacks upon our rights, regardless how insignificant they may seem. It's the proverbial "give them and inch, and they'll take a mile."
    Too true! We have lost many rights because we sat idly by and did nothing. Great point! If I lived there I would certainly be there tomorrow for the hearing.

You have the answer in your State Assembly tomorrow, if I'm not mistaken, and a governor who will shortly after make it law. Liberal ******** will have no standing once you become a Shall issue state. So **** them for the piss ants they are. Do you really think that people out of that venue will GAS about some resolution that should be written on toilet paper for all its value? The Eau Claire "County Board." Very impressive political force in WI, I have no doubt.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    You have the answer in your State Assembly tomorrow, if I'm not mistaken, and a governor who will shortly after make it law. Liberal ******** will have no standing once you become a Shall issue state. So **** them for the piss ants they are. Do you really think that people out of that venue will GAS about some resolution that should be written on toilet paper for all its value? The Eau Claire "County Board." Very impressive political force in WI, I have no doubt.
    Gunslinger, the problem is that state and local government entities can post their facilities. If we 'allow' them to symbolically fight this, even with a piece of toilet paper, they might feel emboldened to go and the post all county buildings 'no firearms'. It just would be better to nip this in the bud.

Here are the emails for the other supervisors (that have email):
    garygibson@centurytel.net
    wfantle@sbcglobal.net
    ludhv@charter.net
    sappy@mac.com
    rhahn2004@hotmail.com
    chilsoneccountyboard@yahoo.com
    gspike1@yahoo.com
    pbates9813@charter.net
    kcamacoy@sbcglobal.net
    jdsjms2@aol.com
    nsmiar@hotmail.com
    bigdonutman@hotmail.com
    gregg.moore17@gmail.com
    jdunning@charter.net
    jw_prince@charter.net
    ardyth66@charter.net
    sueat209@att.net
    learyrj@uwec.edu
    manydeedssuper24@charter.net
    piperglor@charter.net
    tamis@bartechsol.com
    bunsnout@charter.net

And some insight on the author of this resolution...:
    http://boltonrefugehouse.org/
    "Provides a variety of services for victims of domestic violence and victims of sexual assault."
    So he's used to dealing with victims of assault & violence, & thinks everyone is that way, & thinks that if only weapons weren't available to good people, criminals wouldn't get them either (& wouldn't rape, wouldn't beat people w/ fists, etc.).

But you dollars to donuts that the same union tool from Merill will be at that hearing in Eau Claire. This buttmunch gave the most warped testimony in Wausau of anyone that was heard.

"I will be forced to ask people that I interact with 'do you have a gun' because that changes the nature of my conversation with them".
    Stated in his softest "I know how to tune a meat whistle" voice.

http://www.afscmecouncil40.org/spiegelhoff.htm
    Gun Control Defined: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, torture, kidnapping, theft and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning or carrying a firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Guess View Post
    Stated in his softest "I know how to tune a meat whistle" voice.
    I'm going to have to steal that.

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    I'm going to have to steal that.

There are no copywrites on funnies
    Gun Control Defined: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, torture, kidnapping, theft and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning or carrying a firearm.

One picture is worth...
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    Gunslinger, the problem is that state and local government entities can post their facilities. If we 'allow' them to symbolically fight this, even with a piece of toilet paper, they might feel emboldened to go and the post all county buildings 'no firearms'. It just would be better to nip this in the bud.
    Agree 100%. Colorado has a good policy in that only metal detector facilities can bar CC--courts, jails, etc, which makes sense. Hopefully, you guys will follow along this path. At any rate, it will be a great day for the Badger State.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Here are the emails for the other supervisors (that have email):
    garygibson@centurytel.net
    wfantle@sbcglobal.net
    ludhv@charter.net
    sappy@mac.com
    rhahn2004@hotmail.com
    chilsoneccountyboard@yahoo.com
    gspike1@yahoo.com
    pbates9813@charter.net
    kcamacoy@sbcglobal.net
    jdsjms2@aol.com
    nsmiar@hotmail.com
    bigdonutman@hotmail.com
    gregg.moore17@gmail.com
    jdunning@charter.net
    jw_prince@charter.net
    ardyth66@charter.net
    sueat209@att.net
    learyrj@uwec.edu
    manydeedssuper24@charter.net
    piperglor@charter.net
    tamis@bartechsol.com
    bunsnout@charter.net

And some insight on the author of this resolution...:
    http://boltonrefugehouse.org/
    "Provides a variety of services for victims of domestic violence and victims of sexual assault."
    So he's used to dealing with victims of assault & violence, & thinks everyone is that way, & thinks that if only weapons weren't available to good people, criminals wouldn't get them either (& wouldn't rape, wouldn't beat people w/ fists, etc.).
    Typical anti-liberty dick. Maybe he'll move to the Gulag down south and join other dicks.

Some of you may know that they passes the Resolution, but since it was only passed to be sent to legislators to voice their stance, it is pointless as the Assembly passed SB93 hours before.

The Resolution does not attempt to prohibit anything in Eau Claire County, just sends a voice to Madison a day too late.