Thread: McDonnell's letter to Parks allowing OC

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

McDonnell's letter to Parks allowing OC

That may be the fastest FOIA return I've ever gotten.
    So here it is in black and white. OC'ing is up to you.

Thumbs up

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Thanks for your effort. Good news too!

Founder's Club Member
    Good stuff, thanks for sharing!

It's now been over 17 months since they were ordered by the Governor to repeal 4VAC5-30-200... I guess their definition of "prompt" is different than mine...

Roscoe

Founder's Club Member
    It hasn't been 17 months, it's barely been six. That letter has a typo and the typo is the year 2010, when it should be 2011.

* I don't know if VAC gets updated yearly, but I'd be interested to see if that language remains into August, 2011.
    Last edited by jmelvin; 06-20-2011 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmelvin View Post
    It hasn't been 17 months, it's barely been six. That letter has a typo and the typo is the year 2010, when it should be 2011.

* I don't know if VAC gets updated yearly, but I'd be interested to see if that language remains into August, 2011.
    I wonder if a typo invalidates it in the eyes of the bureaucrats who are supposed to update the rules?
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

excerpt By Marko Kloos (http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/?s=major+caudill)

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    FYI..
    This is the FOIA and response:

Please see attached letter, per your request.
    __________________________________________________ ___
    Governor McDonnell recently issued a memorandum to the State Parks via your office according to the Governors Office, directing them to NOT enforce the prohibition against firearms in the State Parks.

According to the Governors Office, the Department of Natural Resources is the custodian of this memorandum.
    This memorandum has apparently been released to other news agencies so it no longer qualifies for a working paper exemption.

Therefore my FOIA request is for a copy of said memorandum or letter.

Please send this document to:
    Editor@oldva.org

Thank you in advance,

Editor, Old Virginia News

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nuc65 View Post
    I wonder if a typo invalidates it in the eyes of the bureaucrats who are supposed to update the rules?
    If the CEO of the company sent you a memorandum to you to do something within your skill-set and authority and copied all executive VPs and managers so that they were aware of the request and you ignored it because of a typo, which does not change the meaning of the letter (such as the date on which it was sent to you) do you think you'd survive long in your position? Do you think the task asked of you would get ignored once you were fired or reprimanded?

Apply the same here. The governor was the chief executive even the year before.
    Last edited by jmelvin; 06-20-2011 at 09:51 PM.