• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

McDonnell's letter to Parks allowing OC

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
That may be the fastest FOIA return I've ever gotten.:lol:
So here it is in black and white. OC'ing is up to you.

mcdonnell_direction_opencarrydoc-001.jpg

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
It's now been over 17 months since they were ordered by the Governor to repeal 4VAC5-30-200... I guess their definition of "prompt" is different than mine...

Roscoe

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
It hasn't been 17 months, it's barely been six. That letter has a typo and the typo is the year 2010, when it should be 2011.

* I don't know if VAC gets updated yearly, but I'd be interested to see if that language remains into August, 2011.

Last edited:

nuc65

Activist Member
It hasn't been 17 months, it's barely been six. That letter has a typo and the typo is the year 2010, when it should be 2011.

* I don't know if VAC gets updated yearly, but I'd be interested to see if that language remains into August, 2011.

I wonder if a typo invalidates it in the eyes of the bureaucrats who are supposed to update the rules?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
FYI..
This is the FOIA and response:

Please see attached letter, per your request.
Governor McDonnell recently issued a memorandum to the State Parks via your office according to the Governors Office, directing them to NOT enforce the prohibition against firearms in the State Parks.

According to the Governors Office, the Department of Natural Resources is the custodian of this memorandum.
This memorandum has apparently been released to other news agencies so it no longer qualifies for a working paper exemption.

Therefore my FOIA request is for a copy of said memorandum or letter.

Please send this document to:
Editor@oldva.org

Thank you in advance,

Editor, Old Virginia News

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
I wonder if a typo invalidates it in the eyes of the bureaucrats who are supposed to update the rules?

If the CEO of the company sent you a memorandum to you to do something within your skill-set and authority and copied all executive VPs and managers so that they were aware of the request and you ignored it because of a typo, which does not change the meaning of the letter (such as the date on which it was sent to you) do you think you'd survive long in your position? Do you think the task asked of you would get ignored once you were fired or reprimanded?

Apply the same here. The governor was the chief executive even the year before.

Last edited: