• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

this should give us new hope in fighting for our rights.

07Altima

http://www.libertynewsonline.com/article_301_30706.php

This is the link to what the Supreme court findings were on the ninth, and tenth amendments. This will give us the right to challenge any state law that violates our Federal Rights, that means any regulations set forth by a state that violate Federal Law can be challenged :) this should give us the ability to challenge any law forbidding Open Carry, because the Constitution says plain as day to Bare Arms.

1. Lacking the usual or appropriate covering or clothing; naked: a bare arm.
2. Exposed to view; undisguised: bare fangs.
3. Lacking the usual furnishings, equipment, or decoration: bare walls.

1. To make bare; uncover or reveal: bared their heads; baring secrets.
2. To expose: The dog bared its teeth.

bare - make public, tell - let something be known, bare - lay bare,
bare - not having a protective covering; "unsheathed cables"; "a bare blade"

Let us use this new Ruling to challenge the states that have banned Open Carry.

amlevin

Bare or Bear?

Beararms+2.jpg

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Yes, thanks for sharing. Looks like it will be a little easier for individual to take on the government legally.

07Altima

sorry for the miss spelling

the definition is only slightly different does not state how to carry but says one has the right to. so then any place that has discretionary CC is in violation, and can now be sued then :)

1. To hold up; support.
2. To carry from one place to another; transport.
3. To carry in the mind; harbor: bear a grudge.
4. To transmit at large; relate: bearing glad tidings.
5. To have as a visible characteristic: bore a scar on the left arm.
6. To have as a quality; exhibit: "A thousand different shapes it bears" (Abraham Cowley).
7. To carry (oneself) in a specified way; conduct: She bore herself with dignity.
8. To be accountable for; assume: bearing heavy responsibilities.
9. To have a tolerance for; endure: couldn't bear his lying.
10. To call for; warrant: This case bears investigation.
11. To give birth to: bore six children in five years.
12. To produce; yield: plants bearing flowers.
13. To offer; render: I will bear witness to the deed.
14. To move by or as if by steady pressure; push: "boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past" (F. Scott Fitzgerald)

07Altima

still excited even though

even though I got the spelling wrong out of my excitement still really excited to see these kinds of things coming our way. just makes me happy to see I may have something to leave to my children after all. However that I think is still in the we shall see range.

Schlepnier

What would hold more weight as to the founders intentions is a dictonary definition from one published in that time say late 1700s toearly 1800s. they have been used as such in other similar legal cases.

Phssthpok

the definition is only slightly different does not state how to carry but says one has the right to. so then any place that has discretionary CC is in violation, and can now be sued then :)

Arguably even those with 'shall issue' CCW laws would be in violation.

When was the last time you needed to get a license/permit to read a book in public? To go to church? To vote? To meet your significant other in the park for a picnic? To hold up a sign on a street corner saying the world is coming to an end?

The very nature of a 'right' means you can engage (or NOT engage) in that activity as you see fit without needing anyone's approval/permission.

Ruby

even though I got the spelling wrong out of my excitement still really excited to see these kinds of things coming our way. just makes me happy to see I may have something to leave to my children after all. However that I think is still in the we shall see range.

You set the example for your children. If they see you standing up for your civil rights and the rights of others, hopefully they will do the same. It angers me greatly that in some places, teachers and doctors can ask children whether or not their parents own guns! It sounds to me like those authority figures are using that information to find out who the gun owners are and in the process, turn children against their own parents. :mad:When I was a child, (a long time ago) everyone, or nearly everyone, owned guns (mostly long guns) and no one thought anything of it. Far less crime as criminals KNEW they stood a good chance of being shot.

On the other hand, I am encouraged by the fact that a lot of people are standing up for their rights and making their voices heard. This battle is never going to go away or end. If we lose our Constitutional rights it will be our own damn fault for not standing up for them. When/if your children are old enough, teach them the Constitution of the United States; I understand it is not taught in school anymore. Make sure that they know what their rights and the rights of the people of this country are. They are the ones to carry this battle forward. I wish us all luck.

skiingislife725

Arguably even those with 'shall issue' CCW laws would be in violation.

When was the last time you needed to get a license/permit to read a book in public? To go to church? To vote? To meet your significant other in the park for a picnic? To hold up a sign on a street corner saying the world is coming to an end?

The very nature of a 'right' means you can engage (or NOT engage) in that activity as you see fit without needing anyone's approval/permission.

Very well said Phssthpok!

And on that note I wanted to point out this:
This will give us the right to challenge any state law that violates our Federal Rights

We don't have "federal rights". The second amendment (and all of the others in the Constitution) are a list of negatives. That is to say that it lists what the federal government can't do, it DOES NOT give us our rights. If it did, then it wouldn't be a right anymore, it'd be a privilege.

Ruby

Very well said Phssthpok!

And on that note I wanted to point out this:

We don't have "federal rights". The second amendment (and all of the others in the Constitution) are a list of negatives. That is to say that it lists what the federal government can't do, it DOES NOT give us our rights. If it did, then it wouldn't be a right anymore, it'd be a privilege.

This! Our rights were given to us by God, our Creator, not some man made institution.

oneeyeross

gotta love this line:

"Impermissible interference with state sovereignty is not within the National Government’s enumeratedpowers, and action exceeding the National Government’s enumerated powers undermines the States’ sovereign interests."

Can I get an "Amen" from the choir?

carracer

I found out while on jury duty that the state can make up it's own definitions of words regardless of the "Dictionary" definition.

Phssthpok

I found out while on jury duty that the state can make up it's own definitions of words regardless of the "Dictionary" definition.

In other words...

Humty Dumpty: “When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less.”

But it matters not one whit. As a juror you have the right to reject any claim either side may make, and vote as you see fit. See also, FIJA.

Cheshire Cat: How're you enjoying the game?

Alice: They don't play very fair.

Cheshire Cat: No one does if they think they can get away with it. That's a lesson you'll have to learn.