Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Sioux City OC

  1. #1
    Regular Member XDSTEEL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Posts
    216

    Sioux City OC

    Went to Sioux City for a dentist appointment. OCed at the Starbucks and Staples. Really good encounter with two elderly ladies at starbucks. Great conversation about guns and other happenings in the area. Big Positive experience.
    Patrick Henry didn't say "Give me safety , or give me death". Liberty is what America is about.

  2. #2
    Regular Member XDSTEEL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Posts
    216

    Sioux city walmart

    Went to the singing hills Walmart. Didn't have any encounters until when I was checking out and a co-manager with an attitude came up to me and "asked" if I had a permit. Well I was Not really expecting her comment but managed a yes. She left me alone after that . Will go back soon
    Patrick Henry didn't say "Give me safety , or give me death". Liberty is what America is about.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Tucker6900's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Iowa, USA
    Posts
    1,249
    Quote Originally Posted by XDSTEEL View Post
    Went to the singing hills Walmart. Didn't have any encounters until when I was checking out and a co-manager with an attitude came up to me and "asked" if I had a permit. Well I was Not really expecting her comment but managed a yes. She left me alone after that . Will go back soon
    Right on man! Keep up the good work!!

  4. #4
    Regular Member XDSTEEL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Posts
    216

    iowa oc

    Went to the starbuck there in Sioux city. Got asked if I was NYPD because I had the shirt on. Ofcourse I am not NYPD and that was about it. Just starting to get a feel of sioux city with OCing there. No LE encounters so that's good. Will try to expand more out.
    Patrick Henry didn't say "Give me safety , or give me death". Liberty is what America is about.

  5. #5
    Regular Member MilProGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,228
    Quote Originally Posted by XDSTEEL View Post
    Went to Sioux City for a dentist appointment. OCed at the Starbucks and Staples. Really good encounter with two elderly ladies at starbucks. Great conversation about guns and other happenings in the area. Big Positive experience.
    Thanks for sharing your positive OC experience with us.

    It's like stoking a fire.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Tucker6900's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Iowa, USA
    Posts
    1,249
    Quote Originally Posted by XDSTEEL View Post
    Went to the starbuck there in Sioux city. Got asked if I was NYPD because I had the shirt on. Ofcourse I am not NYPD and that was about it. Just starting to get a feel of sioux city with OCing there. No LE encounters so that's good. Will try to expand more out.
    Keep up the OC'ing! This is what Iowa needs. Exposure. Thanks!!

  7. #7
    Regular Member XDSTEEL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Posts
    216
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker6900 View Post
    Keep up the OC'ing! This is what Iowa needs. Exposure. Thanks!!
    Not a problem. Sioux City is just across the border from where I live in South Dakota. Went to Hu Hut and the Ford Dealership. Few glances but no encounters. This is soo awesome! No LEOs encounter yet which is just fine with me. Just got to get some people down there to do it!
    Patrick Henry didn't say "Give me safety , or give me death". Liberty is what America is about.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sioux City, Iowa
    Posts
    4

    Unhappy Open carry in Scheels all sport

    I talked with who I believe was the gun department manager and he said if you open carry in here we will run you out.
    So I guess Scheels is anti OC.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Linn County, Iowa
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by ks1works View Post
    I talked with who I believe was the gun department manager and he said if you open carry in here we will run you out.
    So I guess Scheels is anti OC.
    Escalate to corporate. If there are employees who won't follow the company's rules, they need to be reeducated or removed.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Tucker6900's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Iowa, USA
    Posts
    1,249
    Quote Originally Posted by ks1works View Post
    I talked with who I believe was the gun department manager and he said if you open carry in here we will run you out.
    So I guess Scheels is anti OC.
    Scheels is not anit.....I am unable to locate the source at this time, but the company policy is whatever is allowed per state law. I have OC'd at Scheels in Coralridge Mall lots of times. No issues.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sioux City, Iowa
    Posts
    4

    Open carry in Scheels all sport

    Thanks for the info. I will follow up with corporate.

  12. #12
    Regular Member XDSTEEL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Posts
    216

    OC at SCheels

    Since its part of the mall they have to follow mall policy also.
    Patrick Henry didn't say "Give me safety , or give me death". Liberty is what America is about.

  13. #13
    Regular Member Tucker6900's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Iowa, USA
    Posts
    1,249
    Quote Originally Posted by XDSTEEL View Post
    Since its part of the mall they have to follow mall policy also.
    The mall policy does not apply to individual stores. The stores within the mall have their own corporate policies, however, you cant carry in the aisles or walkways to get to them, per mall policy. However, the stores with a "front" entrance, can allow, or disallow, firearms per their own policy.

  14. #14
    Regular Member XDSTEEL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Posts
    216
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker6900 View Post
    The mall policy does not apply to individual stores. The stores within the mall have their own corporate policies, however, you cant carry in the aisles or walkways to get to them, per mall policy. However, the stores with a "front" entrance, can allow, or disallow, firearms per their own policy.
    Ok I did not relize that. Thanks
    Patrick Henry didn't say "Give me safety , or give me death". Liberty is what America is about.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sioux City, Iowa
    Posts
    4

    Open carry in Scheels all sport

    I contacted Sheels and this was the final email I recieved from the store leader.

    Karel,
    On a daily basis I ask the assistant managers in this store to use logical thought process to determine if a person's behavior is acceptable - whether they are carrying a firearm or not. That person may be a customer or associate. If a person's behavior is unacceptable as determined by that assistant manager, they will be asked to change their behavior. If they refuse they will be asked to shop or work elsewhere. It has nothing to do with their choice to carry a firearm open, concealed, or not at all. If you would like to discuss variables of people's behavior I would be happy to have a conversation with you. I do not have the time to type a comprehensive list of actions or behaviors that would be deemed either acceptable or unacceptable.
    As I stated before your choice to carry a firearm, either open or concealed, would not be reason for anyone in our store to ask you to leave. The leadership team in our store and I support the lawful ownership and carry of firearms.

    Jason


    So you can open carry in the Sioux City Scheels store.

  16. #16
    Regular Member Tucker6900's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Iowa, USA
    Posts
    1,249
    Quote Originally Posted by ks1works View Post
    I contacted Sheels and this was the final email I recieved from the store leader.

    Karel,
    On a daily basis I ask the assistant managers in this store to use logical thought process to determine if a person's behavior is acceptable - whether they are carrying a firearm or not. That person may be a customer or associate. If a person's behavior is unacceptable as determined by that assistant manager, they will be asked to change their behavior. If they refuse they will be asked to shop or work elsewhere. It has nothing to do with their choice to carry a firearm open, concealed, or not at all. If you would like to discuss variables of people's behavior I would be happy to have a conversation with you. I do not have the time to type a comprehensive list of actions or behaviors that would be deemed either acceptable or unacceptable.
    As I stated before your choice to carry a firearm, either open or concealed, would not be reason for anyone in our store to ask you to leave. The leadership team in our store and I support the lawful ownership and carry of firearms.

    Jason


    So you can open carry in the Sioux City Scheels store.
    That pretty much goes along with the corporate response that I received last week. Its allowed, and just like any other customer, if you behave yourself, you'll be fine.

  17. #17
    Regular Member XDSTEEL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Posts
    216

    the schoool zones

    Just to make sure, where the mall is and sergeant road they don't fall into that 1000 ft gun free zone do they? Just making sure because I haven't OCed there for awhile
    Patrick Henry didn't say "Give me safety , or give me death". Liberty is what America is about.

  18. #18
    Regular Member Tucker6900's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Iowa, USA
    Posts
    1,249
    The 1000 foot rule applies to schools and parks, but it only limits the carrying of a firearm for unlawful purposes. That's why there is the penalty enhancer for trouble within the gfz.
    The only terrorists I see nowadays are at the Capital.


    The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Linn County, Iowa
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker6900 View Post
    The 1000 foot rule applies to schools and parks, but it only limits the carrying of a firearm for unlawful purposes. That's why there is the penalty enhancer for trouble within the gfz.
    Yes. It is only a "penalty enhancement zone" and this is the #1 question that confuses people in Iowa. Sounds like a lot of permit classes are not explaining it properly.

  20. #20
    Regular Member XDSTEEL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Posts
    216
    Quote Originally Posted by amaixner View Post
    Yes. It is only a "penalty enhancement zone" and this is the #1 question that confuses people in Iowa. Sounds like a lot of permit classes are not explaining it properly.
    IC thanks for the info. I am not a Iowa resident however I do posses a Florida and South Dakota CWP hence the confusion.
    Patrick Henry didn't say "Give me safety , or give me death". Liberty is what America is about.

  21. #21
    Regular Member XDSTEEL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Posts
    216

    May 3

    Anyways, OCed in Sioux City on Thursday and it went pretty well. Went to Starbucks, Shoe Carnival, and Scheels. No encounters or anything and everyone was freindly.
    Patrick Henry didn't say "Give me safety , or give me death". Liberty is what America is about.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sioux City, Iowa
    Posts
    4

    Open Carry in Sioux City

    Open carried at Clydes last night for dinner. I don't think anyone noticed.
    Open carried at Home Depot with the family and no problems.
    It was warm here today in the 30s.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •