Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Can somebody sum up the unamended SB93?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Posts
    242

    Can somebody sum up the unamended SB93?

    I tried to read it, but it was just a list of changes to other laws. Sure, if I spent some time on it, I'd get it but having a simplified reference is nice.

  2. #2
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalTactical View Post
    I tried to read it, but it was just a list of changes to other laws. Sure, if I spent some time on it, I'd get it but having a simplified reference is nice.
    What do you mean by unamended? There is no such thing any more.

    There was SB93, which was pretty darn close to Constitutional Carry, then it had SSA1 replace it, which was Constitutional Carry with an optional permit, which had SSA2 replace it which is a 'shall issue' permit with training law and then was amended by SSA2-SA1 and SSA2-SA4, which tweaked some legalese and the training requirement. If you read the current SB93, it is the output of all that.

    There are individual threads that explain the individual parts.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,169

    Clarification

    Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    What do you mean by unamended? There is no such thing any more.

    There was SB93, which was pretty darn close to Constitutional Carry, then it had SSA1 replace it, which was Constitutional Carry with an optional permit, which had SSA2 replace it which is a 'shall issue' permit with training law and then was amended by SSA2-SA1 and SSA2-SA4, which tweaked some legalese and the training requirement. If you read the current SB93, it is the output of all that.

    There are individual threads that explain the individual parts.
    Once introduced the text of the original SB93 does not change. It was replaced in its entirety twice and amended further. To get to the current version, you must go to SB93-SSA2, as amended. That is the bill that the Assembly will be taking up today. I understand that casually we just say SB93 (even the Assembly's schedule says only that) but a search on "SB93" only will come up with the wrong document and has led to confusion in the past.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Las Cruces, New Mexico
    Posts
    242
    I guess my question is this: what exactly is the house voting on?

  5. #5
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalTactical View Post
    I guess my question is this: what exactly is the house voting on?
    "Shall Issue" of permits with a small training requirement. It has passed the Senate already. If it isn't changed in the House, the Governor gets it next and he indicated he will sign it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •