• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can somebody sum up the unamended SB93?

paul@paul-fisher.com

I tried to read it, but it was just a list of changes to other laws. Sure, if I spent some time on it, I'd get it but having a simplified reference is nice.

What do you mean by unamended? There is no such thing any more.

There was SB93, which was pretty darn close to Constitutional Carry, then it had SSA1 replace it, which was Constitutional Carry with an optional permit, which had SSA2 replace it which is a 'shall issue' permit with training law and then was amended by SSA2-SA1 and SSA2-SA4, which tweaked some legalese and the training requirement. If you read the current SB93, it is the output of all that.

There are individual threads that explain the individual parts.

apjonas

Clarification

What do you mean by unamended? There is no such thing any more.

There was SB93, which was pretty darn close to Constitutional Carry, then it had SSA1 replace it, which was Constitutional Carry with an optional permit, which had SSA2 replace it which is a 'shall issue' permit with training law and then was amended by SSA2-SA1 and SSA2-SA4, which tweaked some legalese and the training requirement. If you read the current SB93, it is the output of all that.

There are individual threads that explain the individual parts.

Once introduced the text of the original SB93 does not change. It was replaced in its entirety twice and amended further. To get to the current version, you must go to SB93-SSA2, as amended. That is the bill that the Assembly will be taking up today. I understand that casually we just say SB93 (even the Assembly's schedule says only that) but a search on "SB93" only will come up with the wrong document and has led to confusion in the past.