Thread: Is this Milwaukee's Chief Flynn?

Is this Milwaukee's Chief Flynn?

Similarly, the police must respond to citizen perceptions regarding the police use of force. Although our data tell us its actual use is quite low, we must recognize that citizen fears and perceptions of the police must be taken seriously and dealt with on their own terms, lest they undermine trust and confidence in the police. Ultimately, the greatest guarantee of citizen safety is a relationship with the police based on mutual trust and respect.
    The greatest guarantee of officer safety is citizen support and approval.

Edward A. Flynn
    Chief of Police
    Arlington County, Virginia
    April 8, 1999
    So why is he fighting OC & CC, when he has to know that citizens approve of being able to defend themselves & peacefully exercise their rights?

I would never attack an officer*. Criminals do it pretty much every day.
    So why is Flynn scared of me?
    In fact, if I saw an officer being attacked, I'd probably help the officer, just like I'd probably help any other citizen.
    I just don't trust officers automatically, as I used to do.
    Thanks a lot, Brookfield & Milwaukee.

*Knowing that the person was an officer, & if that person isn't committing a crime against me... rape under color of law, f'rinstance.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Remember that Flynn was appointed by Barrett who as we all know is a card carrying member of MAIG, but in actuality it should be Mayors Against Guns because with them there is no distinction between ILLEGAL and LEGAL
    Last edited by XDFDE45; 06-20-2011 at 09:58 PM.
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Our very own slice of extreme paranoia in our Top Cop.
    Discussing Concealed Carry in Wisconsin at www.armedbadger.com

I was surprised to hear Sheriff Clarke's testimony in Madison that evening when he said that Flynn was in favor of CCW. However, reality set in when Flynn had his presser at the scene of the shooting when he came out and blasted Walker to start off the entire permit/training debate.
    Gun Control Defined: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, torture, kidnapping, theft and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning or carrying a firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Guess View Post
    I was surprised to hear Sheriff Clarke's testimony in Madison that evening when he said that Flynn was in favor of CCW. However, reality set in when Flynn had his presser at the scene of the shooting when he came out and blasted Walker to start off the entire permit/training debate.
    Flynn only wants police to have a means to defense. He says he would want law abiding citizens carrying, but reality is often far from the truth.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Flynn only wants police to have a means to defense. He says he would want law abiding citizens carrying, but reality is often far from the truth.
    VEEEEEEEERY far from the truth.
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Quote Originally Posted by protias
    We'll see what happens come, oh, say, November? December?
    When people start being legally able to carry in cars & under coats.
    Then next spring, when the coats come off & people might print...
    See what MPD does then.

Flynn's words on carry didn't surprise me at all once I found out he not only used to be the police chief in Massachusetts but was also the Massachusetts Secretary of Public Safety & Homeland Security under RINO Mitt Romney.

The annoying thing about having concealed carry is that crime in Milwaukee will probably go down and then Flynn will get the credit for it.
    Last edited by DangerClose; 06-21-2011 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DangerClose View Post
    Flynn's words on carry didn't surprise me at all once I found out he not only used to be the police chief in Massachusetts but was also the Massachusetts Secretary of Public Safety & Homeland Security under RINO Mitt Romney. (partial quote)
    A big reason to work against him getting the nomination. Romney is not pro-gun (but depending on the audience, he may say he is - all act no action).
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by DangerClose View Post
    Flynn's words on carry didn't surprise me at all once I found out he not only used to be the police chief in Massachusetts but was also the Massachusetts Secretary of Public Safety & Homeland Security under RINO Mitt Romney.

The annoying thing about having concealed carry is that crime in Milwaukee will probably go down and then Flynn will get the credit for it.
    He did take credit when crime went down after OC became "legal" (meaning, police cannot harass and arrest people for merely OCing).

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

I'm an optimist and I think I found the silver lining on the dark cloud we call "Flynn." He came to Milwaukee from Massachusetts. In 1999 he was a chief in Virginia. Hey! The guy doesn't stay in a job long before he moves on!

We can speculate as to the reasons, but hell, I'm going to hope the trend continues! Maybe we can start emailing him job openings in California. Or North Korea.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    I'm an optimist and I think I found the silver lining on the dark cloud we call "Flynn." He came to Milwaukee from Massachusetts. In 1999 he was a chief in Virginia. Hey! The guy doesn't stay in a job long before he moves on!

We can speculate as to the reasons, but hell, I'm going to hope the trend continues! Maybe we can start emailing him job openings in California. Or North Korea.
    NK is probably pretty nice for him, or China. He'd probably like Iran more though.

He's gonna need a place were the women are a bit more... receiving.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    He's gonna need a place were the women are a bit more... receiving.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. He fancies himself to be something of a "ladies man."
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. He fancies himself to be something of a "ladies man."
    Makes one wonder if the reason he jumps jobs; is that he just doesn't measure up......to the job...??? Aim low Sheriff, they's ridin' Shetland ponies!!!
    Last edited by Lurchiron; 06-21-2011 at 02:24 PM.
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

I'm afraid we are stuck with him. He's damaged goods. No city would be able to put up with the media attention that would result from hiring as police chief someone who admitted committing a felony.
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by protias
    He did take credit when crime went down after OC became "legal" (meaning, police cannot legally harass and arrest people for merely OCing).
    FTFY.
    Or maybe it should say, "for merely OCing... without legal consequences".

Although you know, for as much bluster as he put out, there have been no problems w/ MPD harassing OCers.
    Last edited by MKEgal; 06-21-2011 at 07:20 PM.