• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is this Milwaukee's Chief Flynn?

MKEgal

Similarly, the police must respond to citizen perceptions regarding the police use of force. Although our data tell us its actual use is quite low, we must recognize that citizen fears and perceptions of the police must be taken seriously and dealt with on their own terms, lest they undermine trust and confidence in the police. Ultimately, the greatest guarantee of citizen safety is a relationship with the police based on mutual trust and respect.
The greatest guarantee of officer safety is citizen support and approval.

Edward A. Flynn
Chief of Police
Arlington County, Virginia
April 8, 1999
So why is he fighting OC & CC, when he has to know that citizens approve of being able to defend themselves & peacefully exercise their rights?

I would never attack an officer*. Criminals do it pretty much every day.
So why is Flynn scared of me?
In fact, if I saw an officer being attacked, I'd probably help the officer, just like I'd probably help any other citizen.
I just don't trust officers automatically, as I used to do.
Thanks a lot, Brookfield & Milwaukee. :mad:

*Knowing that the person was an officer, & if that person isn't committing a crime against me... rape under color of law, f'rinstance.

XDFDE45

Remember that Flynn was appointed by Barrett who as we all know is a card carrying member of MAIG, but in actuality it should be Mayors Against Guns because with them there is no distinction between ILLEGAL and LEGAL
monkeypiss.gif

Last edited:

Grant Guess

I was surprised to hear Sheriff Clarke's testimony in Madison that evening when he said that Flynn was in favor of CCW. However, reality set in when Flynn had his presser at the scene of the shooting when he came out and blasted Walker to start off the entire permit/training debate.

protias

I was surprised to hear Sheriff Clarke's testimony in Madison that evening when he said that Flynn was in favor of CCW. However, reality set in when Flynn had his presser at the scene of the shooting when he came out and blasted Walker to start off the entire permit/training debate.
Flynn only wants police to have a means to defense. He says he would want law abiding citizens carrying, but reality is often far from the truth.

MKEgal

protias said:
Flynn only wants police to have a means to defense. He says he would want law abiding citizens carrying, but reality is often far from the truth.
We'll see what happens come, oh, say, November? December?
When people start being legally able to carry in cars & under coats.
Then next spring, when the coats come off & people might print...
See what MPD does then.

DangerClose

Flynn's words on carry didn't surprise me at all once I found out he not only used to be the police chief in Massachusetts but was also the Massachusetts Secretary of Public Safety & Homeland Security under RINO Mitt Romney.

The annoying thing about having concealed carry is that crime in Milwaukee will probably go down and then Flynn will get the credit for it.

Last edited:

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Flynn's words on carry didn't surprise me at all once I found out he not only used to be the police chief in Massachusetts but was also the Massachusetts Secretary of Public Safety & Homeland Security under RINO Mitt Romney. (partial quote)

A big reason to work against him getting the nomination. Romney is not pro-gun (but depending on the audience, he may say he is - all act no action).

protias

Flynn's words on carry didn't surprise me at all once I found out he not only used to be the police chief in Massachusetts but was also the Massachusetts Secretary of Public Safety & Homeland Security under RINO Mitt Romney.

The annoying thing about having concealed carry is that crime in Milwaukee will probably go down and then Flynn will get the credit for it.
He did take credit when crime went down after OC became "legal" (meaning, police cannot harass and arrest people for merely OCing).

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I'm an optimist and I think I found the silver lining on the dark cloud we call "Flynn." He came to Milwaukee from Massachusetts. In 1999 he was a chief in Virginia. Hey! The guy doesn't stay in a job long before he moves on!

We can speculate as to the reasons, but hell, I'm going to hope the trend continues! Maybe we can start emailing him job openings in California. Or North Korea.

protias

I'm an optimist and I think I found the silver lining on the dark cloud we call "Flynn." He came to Milwaukee from Massachusetts. In 1999 he was a chief in Virginia. Hey! The guy doesn't stay in a job long before he moves on!

We can speculate as to the reasons, but hell, I'm going to hope the trend continues! Maybe we can start emailing him job openings in California. Or North Korea.
NK is probably pretty nice for him, or China. He'd probably like Iran more though.

Lurchiron

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. He fancies himself to be something of a "ladies man."

Makes one wonder if the reason he jumps jobs; is that he just doesn't measure up......to the job...???:shocker: Aim low Sheriff, they's ridin' Shetland ponies!!!

Last edited:

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
I'm afraid we are stuck with him. He's damaged goods. No city would be able to put up with the media attention that would result from hiring as police chief someone who admitted committing a felony.

MKEgal

protias said:
He did take credit when crime went down after OC became "legal" (meaning, police cannot legally harass and arrest people for merely OCing).
FTFY. :p
Or maybe it should say, "for merely OCing... without legal consequences".

Although you know, for as much bluster as he put out, there have been no problems w/ MPD harassing OCers.

Last edited: