Thread: Any OCer's in Salinas, Ca?

Any OCer's in Salinas, Ca?

Hi,
    I will be getting my gun in 2 more days (10 day cool off period). I am not planning to OC as I want to get used to the whole gun ownership part first. You can probably tell this will be my first time owning a gun lol.
    If anyone here is in Monterey County I'd like to here your experineces unloaded open carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaki View Post
    Hi,
    I will be getting my gun in 2 more days (10 day cool off period). I am not planning to OC as I want to get used to the whole gun ownership part first. You can probably tell this will be my first time owning a gun lol.
    If anyone here is in Monterey County I'd like to here your experiencesr unloaded open carrying.
    Hi Yaki, Welcome to the forum.

Go to the California forum, and look up the "Sticky": in the blue area near the top that said's.
    "Read this first-open carry Information".

Then read all you can to learn the laws in California, and you can also research all the post's
    for many experiences of these OC-ers in California.

Robin47

Quote Originally Posted by Yaki View Post
    Hi,
    If anyone here is in Monterey County I'd like to here your experineces unloaded open carrying.
    Congradulations on your first purchess. Trust me, it won't be your last. Since you're new to shooting I recommend you become proficiant with your firearm before you consider carring. Laguna Seca has a nice well controled outdoor range but for pistols I prefer Markley's in Watsonville. It's an indoor range.

I have UOC'd in Salinas a few times but in all honesty I wouldn't recommend it. I have had all positive encounters, never an (e) check but I think that is because people assume I am a cop. The problem with Salinas is school zones. Every primary road passes through a school zone and there are only a handful of stores outside of them. Seriously, all the areas you wouldn't want to go without a gun (east side), are all school zones.

I haven't UOC'd in any of the surrounding cities.

Thamks guys. I have no plans to open carry at this time especially now. I have to get my laws memorized and would prefer to go with others.
    I read the sticky I but they tend to be generalized and I was just trying to get thoughts from people who actually walked Salinas Hope to meet with you guys soon and again thanks for the welcome..

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Isn't Ops-marine from that area? He OC'd around there quite a bit and even stopped some trouble.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Isn't Ops-marine from that area? He OC'd around there quite a bit and even stopped some trouble.
    Right! I haven't seen him around the forum though, but he was quite active and helping people out left and right.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe416 View Post
    Right! I haven't seen him around the forum though, but he was quite active and helping people out left and right.
    Yea I enjoyed his posts and viewpoints, wonder where he went to?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)