Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any LEOs in this group? What kind of new training are you receiving re CC.

Any LEOs in this group? What kind of new training are you receiving re CC.

Im curious what kind of new training LEOs will be getting when it comes to identifying LEGAL CC. Id almost be interested in sitting in on a LE training session that centers on this. Anyone have any info on this?

McX
    they will probably do as they have done in the past: learn by their mistakes, and cost the taxpayers in the process.

Thats kinda where i was afraid this may go...a LEO encounters someone OCing in a car and then there are problems...im hoping this ISNT the case!

I sure hope that officers will be fully educated, but you must assume that they are not educated to all of the details. Approach them as though they have ZERO education.
    Gun Control Defined: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, torture, kidnapping, theft and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning or carrying a firearm.

Exclamation This Is Why We Will Always Need Wisconsin Carry

Because we know that LEO's WILL harass us much more once the law goes into effect. I know I will open carry much more than I do now. The only thing that stops me now is the unconstitutional concealed weapons law. Once that is removed no more unloading-encasing-uncasing-loading routine.

If you guys n gals don't have a video recorder yet I hope you get one soon.

C'mon on now! There are good LEO and there are not so good LEO, I know both of them and have had contact from both.
    @ OP, where SB93 is at, there is probably little to no official "training" for LEO (usually refereed to as In-Service Briefing)
    Until SB93 or a version of it does become Law, LEO should act IAW w/OC.
    It is the responsibility of the Attorney/DA for the Village, Township or City of ALL LEO jurisdictions to educate their LEO.
    I will say this with absolute certainty, those of us who have been OC'n and reading posts here on the forum have more tangible knowledge than most LEO.
    Why is that? Simply put, LEO are responsible to understand and effectively enforce a vast array of Laws & Municipal Ordinances.
    I venture to say that 99% of the common people haven't a clue about 1% of the laws on the books. Take RAS & PC for example, a majority of US had no idea the difference between them, till we came here and got educated.
    Undeniably there will be a learning curve, on BOTH sides here, so, know what you're supposed to, do what you are supposed to and carry on.
    OH, and yes you may get hassled, so carry a recorder and remember, if you do get cited for a violation you believe is wrong, the time to protest that is in Court, it is the State that must prove you violated a law, not the LEO.
    Now let the hail storm of BOO's fall upon me!

Quote Originally Posted by qball54208 View Post
    C'mon on now! There are good LEO and there are not so good LEO, I know both of them and have had contact from both.
    @ OP, where SB93 is at, there is probably little to no official "training" for LEO (usually refereed to as In-Service Briefing)
    It is the responsibility of the Attorney/DA for the Village, Township or City of ALL LEO jurisdictions to educate their LEO.
    I will say this with absolute certainty, those of us who have been OC'n and reading posts here on the forum have more tangible knowledge than most LEO.
    Why is that? Simply put, LEO are responsible to understand and effectively enforce a vast array of Laws & Municipal Ordinances.
    I venture to say that 99% of the common people haven't a clue about 1% of the laws on the books. Take RAS & PC for example, a majority of US had no idea the difference between them, till we came here and got educated.
    Undeniably there will be a learning curve, on BOTH sides here, so, know what you're supposed to, do what you are supposed to and carry on.
    OH, and yes you may get hassled, so carry a recorder and remember, if you do get cited for a violation you believe is wrong, the time to protest that is in Court, it is the State that must prove you violated a law, not the LEO.
    Tell that to the LEOs who harassed me.

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Talking BOooooooooooo! :)

Well said! Booo! JK. I agree with you however it only takes ONE corrupt/rogue LEO to ruin a person's life. Of my close acquaintances on this forum who are also members of Wisconsin Carry I know 11 of them have been either charged, arrested, continually harassed, beaten (in their own home no less), jailed and spent thousands of dollars fighting charges that were completely falsified by the officer(s) and upheld by the "Justice System".

I like good cops and so far my few interactions with them have been good. Not one has yet asked me for I.D. and one even said "As far as I know this is still America and Americans can own as many guns as they want". That was my best interaction with a Kenosha city cop.

Exclamation I Remember This One Well!

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Tell that to the LEOs who harassed me.

Good recording Joe! Great recorder!

Check out the I-Kam Extreme! http://i-kamstore.com/?gclid=CKmcgNSXx6kCFYLc4AodqE0gPA

Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    Good recording Joe! Great recorder!

Check out the I-Kam Extreme! http://i-kamstore.com/?gclid=CKmcgNSXx6kCFYLc4AodqE0gPA
    I can't argue the video does a good job! However, as you recall, that was back a while, I now believe most, if not all LEO agencies have a better grasp on the whole OC (except Mad & Milw) movement.

I can't argue the video does a good job! However, as you recall, that was back a while, I now believe most, if not all LEO agencies have a better grasp on the whole OC (except Mad & Milw) movement.
    My "interaction" was a year after JB's memo went out. WSP was well aware OC is legal where it is not specifically prohibited. You can even hear the officer in the video say it is my right to carry.

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

My "interaction" was a year after JB's memo went out. WSP was well aware OC is legal where it is not specifically prohibited. You can even hear the officer in the video say it is my right to carry.
    Again, I say, no argument here! Going armed w/any recording device is a good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by GlockRDH View Post
    Thats kinda where i was afraid this may go...a LEO encounters someone OCing in a car and then there are problems...im hoping this ISNT the case!
    Once the laws have been signed and published, I am going to print them and put them in my car and have them stashed various other places.

I'll push for my rights, but would prefer to make any encounter with LEO an educational and "just talking" one rather than having to fight for them in court.

Quote Originally Posted by RR_Broccoli View Post
    Once the laws have been signed and published, I am going to print them and put them in my car and have them stashed various other places.

I'll push for my rights, but would prefer to make any encounter with LEO an educational and "just talking" one rather than having to fight for them in court.
    Unfortunately, nothing is ever "just talking." They are usually probing for something.

Never talk to the police.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Exclamation I Second That!

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post

I Agree!
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

McX
    Unfortunately, nothing is ever "just talking." They are usually probing for something.
    kinda like the TSA: giving you a good feeling daily.

he shoots... HE SCORES!!!!!!!!!!
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by McX
    kinda like the TSA: giving you a good feeling daily.
    If only he were cute & bought me dinner beforehand...

Roflmao
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

+1
    +1000

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    If only he were cute & bought me dinner beforehand...
    Heheheh...
    Last edited by hardballer; 06-21-2011 at 08:19 PM.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

We have a winner.

The only thing I have to say is talk to my lawyer.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Regular Member NewZealandAmerican's Avatar
    Greater Salt Lake City Metro area far south suburb of Provo in UTAH
    Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    Well said! Booo! JK. I agree with you however it only takes ONE corrupt/rogue LEO to ruin a person's life. Of my close acquaintances on this forum who are also members of Wisconsin Carry I know 11 of them have been either charged, arrested, continually harassed, beaten (in their own home no less), jailed and spent thousands of dollars fighting charges that were completely falsified by the officer(s) and upheld by the "Justice System".

I like good cops and so far my few interactions with them have been good. Not one has yet asked me for I.D. and one even said "As far as I know this is still America and Americans can own as many guns as they want". That was my best interaction with a Kenosha city cop.
    I believe there are still good cops left, but there are many that are bad and because of their negative actions violating the un-alienable RIGHTS of their employers/masters (We the People) you just can't help but harbor the sentiment depicted in the pictures toward them. It doesn't help that most police departments are motivated now by Federal money from the Dept of Homeland InSecurity bribing them to enforce federal laws and "policy" with all the wonderful toys they get to obtain during the militarisation of their dept. Seems like "policy" comes before Oath of office and Rule of Law, ever wonder about the word "POLICE?" (Policy) enforcement and revenue collection! Some solutions that we can use to help educate cops who have lost thier way can be found here http://www.SheriffMack.com
    http://www.OathKeepers.org
    http://www.CopBlock.org
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Government.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	6079   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Police brutality.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	6.8 KB 
ID:	6080   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Police state.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	6081  
    Last edited by NewZealandAmerican; 06-22-2011 at 04:59 AM.
    (Dion Wood). MY FREEDOM PAGE[/COLOR] with valuable links to ALTERNATIVE MEDIA, Internet Radio shows and other sites to restore our FREEDOM & LIBERTYhttp://www.QRZ.com/db/KB9QFH TELEPHONE: +1(800)808-KIWI that's +1(800)808-5494 Tollfree. "NewZealander By Birth, American By The Grace Of God." See also http://www.facebook.com/NewZealandAmerican & http://RTR.org/NewZealandAmerican “IN MEMORY OF OUR GOD, OUR RELIGION, AND FREEDOM, AND OUR PEACE, OUR WIVES, AND OUR CHILDREN" (The Title Of LIBERTY)

Thumbs up Thank You For The Links! I Especially Like Sheriff Mack's Site.

Quote Originally Posted by NewZealandAmerican View Post
    I believe there are still good cops left, but there are many that are bad and because of their negative actions violating the un-alienable RIGHTS of their employers/masters (We the People) you just can't help but harbor the sentiment depicted in the pictures toward them. It doesn't help that most police departments are motivated now by Federal money from the Dept of Homeland InSecurity bribing them to enforce federal laws and "policy" with all the wonderful toys they get to obtain during the militarisation of their dept. Seems like "policy" comes before Oath of office and Rule of Law, ever wonder about the word "POLICE?" (Policy) enforcement and revenue collection! Some solutions that we can use to help educate cops who have lost thier way can be found here http://www.SheriffMack.com
    http://www.OathKeepers.org
    http://www.CopBlock.org
    If only the rest of law enforcement were like this Sheriff and Arapaio (spelling?). I support these guys 100%!
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

McX
    i just hope the cops will become familiar with the new law; harass a permit holder, and you get a $500 FINE, and or 30 days in jail.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast