• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any LEOs in this group? What kind of new training are you receiving re CC.

M

McX

they will probably do as they have done in the past: learn by their mistakes, and cost the taxpayers in the process.

Grant Guess

I sure hope that officers will be fully educated, but you must assume that they are not educated to all of the details. Approach them as though they have ZERO education.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
This Is Why We Will Always Need Wisconsin Carry

Because we know that LEO's WILL harass us much more once the law goes into effect. I know I will open carry much more than I do now. The only thing that stops me now is the unconstitutional concealed weapons law. Once that is removed no more unloading-encasing-uncasing-loading routine.

If you guys n gals don't have a video recorder yet I hope you get one soon.

qball54208

C'mon on now! There are good LEO and there are not so good LEO, I know both of them and have had contact from both.
@ OP, where SB93 is at, there is probably little to no official "training" for LEO (usually refereed to as In-Service Briefing)
Until SB93 or a version of it does become Law, LEO should act IAW w/OC.
It is the responsibility of the Attorney/DA for the Village, Township or City of ALL LEO jurisdictions to educate their LEO.
I will say this with absolute certainty, those of us who have been OC'n and reading posts here on the forum have more tangible knowledge than most LEO.
Why is that? Simply put, LEO are responsible to understand and effectively enforce a vast array of Laws & Municipal Ordinances.
I venture to say that 99% of the common people haven't a clue about 1% of the laws on the books. Take RAS & PC for example, a majority of US had no idea the difference between them, till we came here and got educated.
Undeniably there will be a learning curve, on BOTH sides here, so, know what you're supposed to, do what you are supposed to and carry on.
OH, and yes you may get hassled, so carry a recorder and remember, if you do get cited for a violation you believe is wrong, the time to protest that is in Court, it is the State that must prove you violated a law, not the LEO.
Now let the hail storm of BOO's fall upon me!

protias

C'mon on now! There are good LEO and there are not so good LEO, I know both of them and have had contact from both.
@ OP, where SB93 is at, there is probably little to no official "training" for LEO (usually refereed to as In-Service Briefing)
It is the responsibility of the Attorney/DA for the Village, Township or City of ALL LEO jurisdictions to educate their LEO.
I will say this with absolute certainty, those of us who have been OC'n and reading posts here on the forum have more tangible knowledge than most LEO.
Why is that? Simply put, LEO are responsible to understand and effectively enforce a vast array of Laws & Municipal Ordinances.
I venture to say that 99% of the common people haven't a clue about 1% of the laws on the books. Take RAS & PC for example, a majority of US had no idea the difference between them, till we came here and got educated.
Undeniably there will be a learning curve, on BOTH sides here, so, know what you're supposed to, do what you are supposed to and carry on.
OH, and yes you may get hassled, so carry a recorder and remember, if you do get cited for a violation you believe is wrong, the time to protest that is in Court, it is the State that must prove you violated a law, not the LEO.

Tell that to the LEOs who harassed me.

[video=youtube;CZVz0V-bek0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZVz0V-bek0&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
BOooooooooooo! :)

Well said! Booo! JK. I agree with you however it only takes ONE corrupt/rogue LEO to ruin a person's life. Of my close acquaintances on this forum who are also members of Wisconsin Carry I know 11 of them have been either charged, arrested, continually harassed, beaten (in their own home no less), jailed and spent thousands of dollars fighting charges that were completely falsified by the officer(s) and upheld by the "Justice System".

I like good cops and so far my few interactions with them have been good. Not one has yet asked me for I.D. and one even said "As far as I know this is still America and Americans can own as many guns as they want". That was my best interaction with a Kenosha city cop.

protias

I can't argue the video does a good job! However, as you recall, that was back a while, I now believe most, if not all LEO agencies have a better grasp on the whole OC (except Mad & Milw) movement.
My "interaction" was a year after JB's memo went out. WSP was well aware OC is legal where it is not specifically prohibited. You can even hear the officer in the video say it is my right to carry.

RR_Broccoli

Thats kinda where i was afraid this may go...a LEO encounters someone OCing in a car and then there are problems...im hoping this ISNT the case!

Once the laws have been signed and published, I am going to print them and put them in my car and have them stashed various other places.

I'll push for my rights, but would prefer to make any encounter with LEO an educational and "just talking" one rather than having to fight for them in court.

protias

Once the laws have been signed and published, I am going to print them and put them in my car and have them stashed various other places.

I'll push for my rights, but would prefer to make any encounter with LEO an educational and "just talking" one rather than having to fight for them in court.
Unfortunately, nothing is ever "just talking." They are usually probing for something.