Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Alleged 2A group President uses propaganda to discount OC

  1. #1
    Regular Member sohighlyunlikely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Overland, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    724

    Alleged 2A group President uses propaganda to discount OC

    http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/?podcast...l&dcid=CBS.STL


    Open Carrying vs. Concealed Carrying

    Fred Hebere, President of the 2nd Amendment Coalition of Missouri. Fred represents the "CCW Old Guard" Mentality in this interview. Who completely ignore any benefits OC gives a person, and goes into the propaganda mode about you could be tricked into an ambush and disarmed. If that supposed danger even existed as a 1% chance then I would address it as a concern, but be it that it doesn't it is just propaganda. I don't know why some elitists in the CCW crowd tout such malarkey.

    Fred Hebere you are an embarrassment of a representative for the 2nd Amendment.

    Doc

  2. #2
    Regular Member Tony4310's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florissant, MO
    Posts
    474
    And you are surprised why? If the CC group had their way. We would all walk lock step, shut our mouths and do as we are told.

  3. #3
    Regular Member cash50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    349
    I'd like to see some of the statistics on gun grabs - CC vs. OC - and how losing the almight "element of surpise" has negatively affected OC'ers.

    I know the CCW only crowd uses that argument a lot, but never quantify or articulate an incident.

  4. #4
    Regular Member cshoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    , Missouri, USA
    Posts
    687
    Quote Originally Posted by sohighlyunlikely View Post
    http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/?podcast...l&dcid=CBS.STL


    Open Carrying vs. Concealed Carrying

    Fred Hebere, President of the 2nd Amendment Coalition of Missouri. Fred represents the "CCW Old Guard" Mentality in this interview. Who completely ignore any benefits OC gives a person, and goes into the propaganda mode about you could be tricked into an ambush and disarmed. If that supposed danger even existed as a 1% chance then I would address it as a concern, but be it that it doesn't it is just propaganda. I don't know why some elitists in the CCW crowd tout such malarkey.

    Fred Hebere you are an embarrassment of a representative for the 2nd Amendment.

    Doc
    Doc -

    I don't normally disagree with you, but on this, you are wrong. Fred and his organization (SACMO) faded into irrelevancy a number of years ago. The "group", if you can call it that, consists of maybe a dozen or two "members" that are NOT active in the legislative process at all. About the only thing Fred represents is his own opinion. In fact, the last "update" on the SACMO website was in the Fall of 2007 (http://www.sacmo.org/president.htm) when Matt Blunt signed into law the bill that modified our Castle Doctrine. Fred is neither a representative of the "CCW crowd" in Missouri, nor has he earned the title of "elitist" with his inaction and irrelevancy.

    Why KMOX bothered to dig up a washed-up, irrelevant person to speak about open carry is beyond me. The guy clearly showed how out of touch with reality he is when he started off the interview by completely butchering/misrepresenting how the Missouri Constitution is written. I've been checking around and I can't find anyone who is involved with 2nd Amendment issues on a legislative level that knows of him or would have anything to do with him and SACMO.

  5. #5
    Regular Member sohighlyunlikely's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Overland, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    724
    Quote Originally Posted by cshoff View Post
    Doc -

    I don't normally disagree with you, but on this, you are wrong. Fred and his organization (SACMO) faded into irrelevancy a number of years ago. The "group", if you can call it that, consists of maybe a dozen or two "members" that are NOT active in the legislative process at all. About the only thing Fred represents is his own opinion. In fact, the last "update" on the SACMO website was in the Fall of 2007 (http://www.sacmo.org/president.htm) when Matt Blunt signed into law the bill that modified our Castle Doctrine. Fred is neither a representative of the "CCW crowd" in Missouri, nor has he earned the title of "elitist" with his inaction and irrelevancy.

    Why KMOX bothered to dig up a washed-up, irrelevant person to speak about open carry is beyond me. The guy clearly showed how out of touch with reality he is when he started off the interview by completely butchering/misrepresenting how the Missouri Constitution is written. I've been checking around and I can't find anyone who is involved with 2nd Amendment issues on a legislative level that knows of him or would have anything to do with him and SACMO.
    That is why I started the entire thread with the word Alleged. He gave his title and org. But it was his words of "I know better than those who actually do what we are talking about" that garnered an elitist moniker from me. I do not think in any way he is the top of the food chain in firearm relevance. But I have seen some of his words almost exact repeated from a couple of the CCW old guards or their under studies at another forum

    Doc

  6. #6
    Regular Member mspgunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ellisville, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    1,966
    Fred Heberer's email address is: fheberer@centurytel.net
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

  7. #7
    Regular Member Richieg150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Show Me State
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by cash50 View Post
    I'd like to see some of the statistics on gun grabs - CC vs. OC - and how losing the almight "element of surpise" has negatively affected OC'ers.

    I know the CCW only crowd uses that argument a lot, but never quantify or articulate an incident.
    Those statistics are kept in a secret location inside a hidden bunker along with the tooth ferri, the easter bunny, and santa clause.
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

  8. #8
    Regular Member mspgunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ellisville, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    1,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Richieg150 View Post
    Those statistics are kept in a secret location inside a hidden bunker along with the tooth ferri, the easter bunny, and santa clause.
    Must be that Air Force base out in the desert (area 51?)
    Last edited by mspgunner; 06-21-2011 at 07:54 PM.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Jefferson City, Mo., ,
    Posts
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by Richieg150 View Post
    Those statistics are kept in a secret location inside a hidden bunker along with the tooth [ferry] ferri, the easter bunny, and [S]santa [Claus] clause.

  10. #10
    Regular Member Richieg150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Show Me State
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    Must be that Air Force base out in the desert (area 51?)
    Havent you heard, the government had denied the existance of area 51, dont believe your own mind or your own thoughts, they will lead you astray. Believe what your government says, its for you own good.....
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

  11. #11
    Regular Member mspgunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ellisville, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    1,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Richieg150 View Post
    Havent you heard, the government had denied the existance of area 51, dont believe your own mind or your own thoughts, they will lead you astray. Believe what your government says, its for you own good.....
    I will believe everything our government tells me, never question the word of the authorities and follow blindley every directive or request they make, because I am a loyal citizen who was taught to obey!..... RIGHT.....

    Ok, the worlds 3 greatest lies:
    1) Of course I love you and I'll marry you right after the divorce.
    2) The check is in the mail
    3) I'm with the government, I'm here to help you.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •