• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Alleged 2A group President uses propaganda to discount OC

sohighlyunlikely

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/?podcas...link=true&config_file=config.xml&dcid=CBS.STL

Open Carrying vs. Concealed Carrying

Fred Hebere, President of the 2nd Amendment Coalition of Missouri. Fred represents the "CCW Old Guard" Mentality in this interview. Who completely ignore any benefits OC gives a person, and goes into the propaganda mode about you could be tricked into an ambush and disarmed. If that supposed danger even existed as a 1% chance then I would address it as a concern, but be it that it doesn't it is just propaganda. I don't know why some elitists in the CCW crowd tout such malarkey.

Fred Hebere you are an embarrassment of a representative for the 2nd Amendment.

Doc

Tony4310

And you are surprised why? If the CC group had their way. We would all walk lock step, shut our mouths and do as we are told.

cash50

I'd like to see some of the statistics on gun grabs - CC vs. OC - and how losing the almight "element of surpise" has negatively affected OC'ers.

I know the CCW only crowd uses that argument a lot, but never quantify or articulate an incident.

cshoff

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/?podcas...link=true&config_file=config.xml&dcid=CBS.STL

Open Carrying vs. Concealed Carrying

Fred Hebere, President of the 2nd Amendment Coalition of Missouri. Fred represents the "CCW Old Guard" Mentality in this interview. Who completely ignore any benefits OC gives a person, and goes into the propaganda mode about you could be tricked into an ambush and disarmed. If that supposed danger even existed as a 1% chance then I would address it as a concern, but be it that it doesn't it is just propaganda. I don't know why some elitists in the CCW crowd tout such malarkey.

Fred Hebere you are an embarrassment of a representative for the 2nd Amendment.

Doc

Doc -

I don't normally disagree with you, but on this, you are wrong. Fred and his organization (SACMO) faded into irrelevancy a number of years ago. The "group", if you can call it that, consists of maybe a dozen or two "members" that are NOT active in the legislative process at all. About the only thing Fred represents is his own opinion. In fact, the last "update" on the SACMO website was in the Fall of 2007 (http://www.sacmo.org/president.htm) when Matt Blunt signed into law the bill that modified our Castle Doctrine. Fred is neither a representative of the "CCW crowd" in Missouri, nor has he earned the title of "elitist" with his inaction and irrelevancy.

Why KMOX bothered to dig up a washed-up, irrelevant person to speak about open carry is beyond me. The guy clearly showed how out of touch with reality he is when he started off the interview by completely butchering/misrepresenting how the Missouri Constitution is written. I've been checking around and I can't find anyone who is involved with 2nd Amendment issues on a legislative level that knows of him or would have anything to do with him and SACMO.

sohighlyunlikely

Doc -

I don't normally disagree with you, but on this, you are wrong. Fred and his organization (SACMO) faded into irrelevancy a number of years ago. The "group", if you can call it that, consists of maybe a dozen or two "members" that are NOT active in the legislative process at all. About the only thing Fred represents is his own opinion. In fact, the last "update" on the SACMO website was in the Fall of 2007 (http://www.sacmo.org/president.htm) when Matt Blunt signed into law the bill that modified our Castle Doctrine. Fred is neither a representative of the "CCW crowd" in Missouri, nor has he earned the title of "elitist" with his inaction and irrelevancy.

Why KMOX bothered to dig up a washed-up, irrelevant person to speak about open carry is beyond me. The guy clearly showed how out of touch with reality he is when he started off the interview by completely butchering/misrepresenting how the Missouri Constitution is written. I've been checking around and I can't find anyone who is involved with 2nd Amendment issues on a legislative level that knows of him or would have anything to do with him and SACMO.

That is why I started the entire thread with the word Alleged. He gave his title and org. But it was his words of "I know better than those who actually do what we are talking about" that garnered an elitist moniker from me. I do not think in any way he is the top of the food chain in firearm relevance. But I have seen some of his words almost exact repeated from a couple of the CCW old guards or their under studies at another forum

Doc

Richieg150

I'd like to see some of the statistics on gun grabs - CC vs. OC - and how losing the almight "element of surpise" has negatively affected OC'ers.

I know the CCW only crowd uses that argument a lot, but never quantify or articulate an incident.

Those statistics are kept in a secret location inside a hidden bunker along with the tooth ferri, the easter bunny, and santa clause.

Richieg150

Must be that Air Force base out in the desert (area 51?)

Havent you heard, the government had denied the existance of area 51, dont believe your own mind or your own thoughts, they will lead you astray. Believe what your government says, its for you own good.....

mspgunner

Havent you heard, the government had denied the existance of area 51, dont believe your own mind or your own thoughts, they will lead you astray. Believe what your government says, its for you own good.....

I will believe everything our government tells me, never question the word of the authorities and follow blindley every directive or request they make, because I am a loyal citizen who was taught to obey!..... RIGHT.....

Ok, the worlds 3 greatest lies:
1) Of course I love you and I'll marry you right after the divorce.
2) The check is in the mail
3) I'm with the government, I'm here to help you.