• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed carry - Assembly - Live Commentary - 6-21-2011 - it's starting right now

Yooper

Plus isnt it federal law to not allow those under 21 to own a handgun? Isnt the point moot? Or, just go to constitutional carry for everyone 18+

It is unlawful for someone under the age of 21 to buy a handgun from a Federal Firearms Licensed dealer. The states are basically are allowed to right their own possession rules. IIRC, Vermont allows those 16 and over to carry concealed.....without a permit.

Yooper

Congrats on getting this through, and not having to worry about over-riding a ding-dong Doyle veto. Can someone point me to a link that has the bill as passed by both houses? I'll be in WI a lot more once the reciprocity provisions go into effect, and want to start memorizing the Criminal Empowerment Zones (aka "gun free")

MKEgal

Passed exactly as the senate passed it.
Not Constitutional, that would have required it to go back to the senate.
So IIRC, it will take effect on the 1st day of the 4th month after signing/publication (someone tell us which).
And by then, the DOJ has to be up & running w/ permits.
Car carry doesn't need a permit unless in a school zone.
Permit gives privilege of school zone carry (not property, zone) & carry in a gov't building.
Tazers are legal on your own property or in your own business, and if you have a permit you can carry them anywhere you can carry a pistol.

HandyHamlet

I love Cow Patties..Specially the Black Angus variety BBQ on the grill...served with Sweet Baby rays BBQ sauce, Tomato's, Lettuce, Pickles & a slice of Pepper Jack Cheese on a Kaiser roll. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Well I think you all deserve one. Or two.

Thanks all for your hard work so far.

Zeus

I think Santa will be carrying a new SIG under his red coat this Christmas :)

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
I love Cow Patties..Specially the Black Angus variety BBQ on the grill...served with Sweet Baby rays BBQ sauce, Tomato's, Lettuce, Pickles & a slice of Pepper Jack Cheese on a Kaiser roll. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Dang it Glock Just finished with the ribs, Now I wanna bust a gut , What you posted looks so good!