• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FNG here

sohighlyunlikely

Hi. New here.
Live in St. Charles.
Hope to meet some of you soon.

Dan.

Welcome aboard Dan. What brought you to us? What do you know of OC and what do you hope to accomplish while here, info on learning how to OC? Meet other OCers? These are just curiosity questions. You started a thread so I thought I would give it an extended topic to help you engage with others here.

Doc

fast911

I was talking to a guy at work who had just bought a new Glock and was talking about CCW. The subject of OC came up so a quick google lead me here. Curious about the laws in St. Charles, and although I have several connections relatively high in the SCPD CoC, we had never discussed the suject. Interested to find out what the rules are around here. I've been involved in shoting sports since I was a child. Was a national competitive shooter in the 80's, former FFL holder and gunsmith. Haven't applied for CCW as I just haven't made time for it, and usually CCW in the car, OC around the neighborhood.

Marc

Welcome to OCDO Dan. I cant give any info on St. Charles cuz ive never been there. But i figured id welcome you and bump this post to the top for people that can give you some info. :)

peterarthur

Welcome Dan! I have seen videos of OCers in St Charles. Look on youtube, I think you will find it.
Search youtube with "open carry st charles" and you get many hits.

Enjoy!

cash50

Welcome Dan.

I also live in St. Charles.

If you want to meet some folks we have a gathering this weekend at Chevy's in Olivette.