Thread: OC picnic Roseville July 16, 2011

OC picnic Roseville July 16, 2011

The picnic is going to be July 16, 2011 from 12p-4p. It is at Dooley park in Roseville I have rented the Pavilion in case of bad weather. Dooley park is at 13 mile and Groesbeck in Roseville. (30050 Dolphin St, Roseville, MI) This will be a great time to get together with fellow oc'ers.

The address for the park is on Dolphin street, but the best way to get into the pavilion area is off 13 mile. The side street Edison has a park entrance, it is right behind pub froggy.

Here are a list of some things people can sign up to bring: just message me or put up a post and I will change the list according.

Cups nate0486

Plates- orion

napkins nate0486

soda- orion

water nate0486

hot dogs - nate0486

hamburgers - adam

Buns (hot dog) nate0486
    (hamburger) nate0486

condiments got ketchup and mustard

desserts

chips/pretzels - got chips and salsa pretzels

coolers - nate0486

Ice nate0486

grills- nate0486

side dishes

MOC info.

Here is a map of where the park is located:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?name=Do...&zipcode=48066
    Last edited by nate0486; 07-15-2011 at 02:39 PM.

I will bring four 2 liter pop, 2 pepsi, 1 mountain dew and 1 7UP and a package of paper plates.

Dang it i live in Roseville and would like to go. Only thing is my wife and I are going to cedar point on the sixteenth. Guess i can try to catch another OC picninc before the summer is over.
    In a situation when seconds count-The police will be there in minutes.

Maybe if I am not too busy. Just have to wait and see what the day brings. Moving is such a drag.

Radioman

The address for the park is on Dolphin street, but the best way to get into the pavilion area is off 13 mile. The side street Edison has a park entrance, it is right behind pub froggy.

bump for tomorrow

So this is still a go? Do we have any sort of headcount?

Out of Towner

Hey folks,

I am flying in from Wa, tonight and have an outside chance to make this event as our family is generally in the area.

Quick question...I have reviewed the sticky's and the posted .pdf chart and understand the do's and don'ts and the only thing I am not clear on is transport of my sidearm in my rental car from the airport, and generally driving around.

In WA, you need only to have a CPL, and it must be under immediate control (I wear mine), but it can be locked and loaded.

Anything different on this in MI.?
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jt59 View Post
    Hey folks,

I am flying in from Wa, tonight and have an outside chance to make this event as our family is generally in the area.

Quick question...I have reviewed the sticky's and the posted .pdf chart and understand the do's and don'ts and the only thing I am not clear on is transport of my sidearm in my rental car from the airport, and generally driving around.

In WA, you need only to have a CPL, and it must be under immediate control (I wear mine), but it can be locked and loaded.

Anything different on this in MI.?
    If you have a Washington CPL you can carry anywhere in a car loaded or unloaded. It can be on your person, under a seat, in a console, etc. THE BIG thing is you must immediately disclose you have a Gun and CPL if lawfully stopped by a LEO, most likely a traffic stop.

Enjoy the day.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    If you have a Washington CPL you can carry anywhere in a car loaded or unloaded. It can be on your person, under a seat, in a console, etc. THE BIG thing is you must immediately disclose you have a Gun and CPL if lawfully stopped by a LEO, most likely a traffic stop.

Enjoy the day.
    ...and keep your hands in plain site, make no sudden moves for your gun (duh), and turn the dome light on if it's nightime.....

Thanks,

Hope to make it..
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

It is diffidently still a go. I don't have an official head count. For sure 15. I am guessing 20-25 but that is just with maybes and people I have invited.
    Last edited by nate0486; 07-15-2011 at 02:50 PM.

On the way to set up...hope to see you all there

Had an ok turn out. About 25 people throughout the day. A few people new to oc.