• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good laugh in Custer.

luv_jeeps

Campaign Veteran
Wifey and I were in Custer again this weekend for some errands and to go ride our ATV's.
When we were done with our ride, we decided to stop and check out a menu at one of the local restaurants
that we've always wanted to try, but has never been open when we've been there.
We pull up on the ATV's and park (legal to ride ATV's on the street and open carry on ATV as long as you have a cc permit and plates for your ATV.)
While I waited for the Wife to come out with a menu, some people from Mississippi came out and were totally shocked that we were allowed to ride ATV's on the street........and then she saw my H&K USP in my Serpa and exclaimed "OH MY GOD, AND YOU"RE WEARING A GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I then had a nice calm 5 minute conversation about the legality of open carry/concealed carry and how if more people carried there would be less crime. Overall a good conversation.
BTW, I love the Black Hills. I can't wait for us to finally build something on the land we have there. :)

doublegg

Good for you on the education aspect,I'm through that area with my other half and kids alot on our shopping trips to Rapid,and I open carry,it's usually a non-issue.