Thread: The Battle Continues - But Let's Not Forget Our Manners

The Battle Continues - But Let's Not Forget Our Manners

Like many of you I, too, wanted Constitutional Carry. Unfortunately, wars consist of many battles and I would not be surprised if those who hate guns and can't be bothered to study the constitution attempt to undermine the legislation that passed today.

I believe Step 1 is to thank those who supported SB-93. The vote for today's session in the Assembly can be found here: http://legis.wisconsin.gov/insession/assembly/index.htm
    Also, if you haven't done so already, please make a point of thanking those Senators who supported SB-93 previously.

I believe Step 2 is to keep the dialogue moving forward. Abusive emails & threats to your legislator will likely win you a tin-foil hat award with all of your future correspondence being relegated to the <IGNORE> pile. I know diplomacy isn't everyone's cup of tea but alienating your Senator or Assemblyman simply hands their ears and their vote over to the the anti's. It sucks, but that is how it works. If they are unquestionably anti-gun still be polite...and spend your time, energy, and funds supporting the campaign of a new and better representative.

I believe Step 3 requires me to stop typing, crack open the Jose Cuervo and celebrate just a bit...
    Member of Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultus habebunt...

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by scm54449 View Post
    .... The vote for today's session in the Assembly can be found here: http://legis.wisconsin.gov/insession/assembly/index.htm
    Thanks for the link but I don't seem to be able to find the vote.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    Thanks for the link but I don't seem to be able to find the vote.
    No Problem. In the left-hand column under "SB93 Links" look for the word "Concurrence". When you click there it will bring up the vote.

Quote Originally Posted by scm54449 View Post
    Like many of you I, too, wanted Constitutional Carry. Unfortunately, wars consist of many battles and I would not be surprised if those who hate guns and can't be bothered to study the constitution attempt to undermine the legislation that passed today.

I believe Step 1 is to thank those who supported SB-93. The vote for today's session in the Assembly can be found here: http://legis.wisconsin.gov/insession/assembly/index.htm
    Also, if you haven't done so already, please make a point of thanking those Senators who supported SB-93 previously.

I believe Step 2 is to keep the dialogue moving forward. Abusive emails & threats to your legislator will likely win you a tin-foil hat award with all of your future correspondence being relegated to the <IGNORE> pile. I know diplomacy isn't everyone's cup of tea but alienating your Senator or Assemblyman simply hands their ears and their vote over to the the anti's. It sucks, but that is how it works. If they are unquestionably anti-gun still be polite...and spend your time, energy, and funds supporting the campaign of a new and better representative.

I believe Step 3 requires me to stop typing, crack open the Jose Cuervo and celebrate just a bit...
    Is a friend of mine....

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (1891–1970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

I prefer Peach Puckers

My Message to Walker

Gov. Walker,

As I have communicated to you in the past, I agree with the direction you are taking our state. However, I do have a point of contention concerning the concealed carry legislation now sitting on your desk. In a personal email to me, prior to your election and during your campaign you stated "I will sign any legislation that reaches my desk". I believe you will do that. Here is my problem, we, the law-abiding citizens of this state that helped you get elected were well on way to an unrestricted and untaxed law that allowed us the right to self protection just because we were law-abiding citizens. Your comments "that you would only sign legislation that contained permitting (tax) and training" changed that. Now, I know that comment was political in nature and done strictly for self-preservation. It allows you to do what you said you said you would, sign it if it made to your desk, but it restricts my RIGHTS and increases the size of government and it's involvement in my life. You cannot tip-toe around integrity and expect not to have consequences. For that reason and that reason alone, I will not vote for you if you chose to run for governor again.

Thank you,
    ME

I realize this may seem over the top for some, but at what point are we going to hold these public, elected, EMPLOYEE's of us taxpayers responsible for thir words AND actions? I will not accept a compromise in integrity. If you look mein the eyes, shake my hand and tell me you are going to do something I expect it to happen. Not some watered down version of what you think will appease me or "I did what I said I would do" but we had to change it just a little attitude.
    “There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and those who have met them in battle. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.”

Didn't You Get the Memo?

Anybody who deviated in the slightest from Pure Constitutional Carry (as defined by the self-appointed experts) must be destroyed (recalled/voted out)!

Glad you are with us.

Last edited by HandyHamlet; 06-22-2011 at 04:20 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by stewarthgusmc View Post
    For that reason and that reason alone, I will not vote for you if you chose to run for governor again.
    Saying the above gives him no incentive to change his ways for you since he's already lost your vote no matter what he does. I'm not sure how I would word it at this time, but I would consider writing something that would make him think about it more and think of ways he could make me happy to keep my vote in the future (whether I have any intention of actually voting for him or not).

Quote Originally Posted by stewarthgusmc View Post
    Gov. Walker,

...You cannot tip-toe around integrity and expect not to have consequences. For that reason and that reason alone, I will not vote for you if you chose to run for governor again.
    I appreciate the sentiment, but your timing sucks on the southern-most parts of a north-bound mule. We aren't even 6 months post-inauguration and your comments will be dismissed and forgotten long before the next campaign cycle. Additionally, unless a VERY LARGE NUMBER OF LETTERS AND EMAILS hit the Governor's desk in the very near future, you will be viewed as nothing more than a "******-off citizen" with no true standing or support. In frustration, individuals write letters & emails filled with anger, passion, and threats. For politicians, isolated letters & emails filled with anger, passion, and threats = "KOOK ON THE FRINGE".

The Reader's Digest version is if you don't have the numbers on your side, anger and threats only make it easier for them to blow you off. When you do have the numbers on your side you can simply state your case and let the weight of the numbers speak for you. What do you do when you have the high-ground on the issues but you don't have the numbers? That is where we are now. Still more work to do.....
    Last edited by scm54449; 06-22-2011 at 07:51 PM.