• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Battle Continues - But Let's Not Forget Our Manners

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
Like many of you I, too, wanted Constitutional Carry. Unfortunately, wars consist of many battles and I would not be surprised if those who hate guns and can't be bothered to study the constitution attempt to undermine the legislation that passed today.

I believe Step 1 is to thank those who supported SB-93. The vote for today's session in the Assembly can be found here: http://legis.wisconsin.gov/insession/assembly/index.htm
Also, if you haven't done so already, please make a point of thanking those Senators who supported SB-93 previously.

I believe Step 2 is to keep the dialogue moving forward. Abusive emails & threats to your legislator will likely win you a tin-foil hat award with all of your future correspondence being relegated to the <IGNORE> pile. I know diplomacy isn't everyone's cup of tea but alienating your Senator or Assemblyman simply hands their ears and their vote over to the the anti's. It sucks, but that is how it works. If they are unquestionably anti-gun still be polite...and spend your time, energy, and funds supporting the campaign of a new and better representative.

I believe Step 3 requires me to stop typing, crack open the Jose Cuervo and celebrate just a bit...:dude::monkey:cool:

Outdoorsman1

Like many of you I, too, wanted Constitutional Carry. Unfortunately, wars consist of many battles and I would not be surprised if those who hate guns and can't be bothered to study the constitution attempt to undermine the legislation that passed today.

I believe Step 1 is to thank those who supported SB-93. The vote for today's session in the Assembly can be found here: http://legis.wisconsin.gov/insession/assembly/index.htm
Also, if you haven't done so already, please make a point of thanking those Senators who supported SB-93 previously.

I believe Step 2 is to keep the dialogue moving forward. Abusive emails & threats to your legislator will likely win you a tin-foil hat award with all of your future correspondence being relegated to the <IGNORE> pile. I know diplomacy isn't everyone's cup of tea but alienating your Senator or Assemblyman simply hands their ears and their vote over to the the anti's. It sucks, but that is how it works. If they are unquestionably anti-gun still be polite...and spend your time, energy, and funds supporting the campaign of a new and better representative.

I believe Step 3 requires me to stop typing, crack open the Jose Cuervo and celebrate just a bit...:dude::monkey:cool:

Is a friend of mine....

Outdoorsman1

stewarthgusmc

My Message to Walker

Gov. Walker,

As I have communicated to you in the past, I agree with the direction you are taking our state. However, I do have a point of contention concerning the concealed carry legislation now sitting on your desk. In a personal email to me, prior to your election and during your campaign you stated "I will sign any legislation that reaches my desk". I believe you will do that. Here is my problem, we, the law-abiding citizens of this state that helped you get elected were well on way to an unrestricted and untaxed law that allowed us the right to self protection just because we were law-abiding citizens. Your comments "that you would only sign legislation that contained permitting (tax) and training" changed that. Now, I know that comment was political in nature and done strictly for self-preservation. It allows you to do what you said you said you would, sign it if it made to your desk, but it restricts my RIGHTS and increases the size of government and it's involvement in my life. You cannot tip-toe around integrity and expect not to have consequences. For that reason and that reason alone, I will not vote for you if you chose to run for governor again.

Thank you,
ME

I realize this may seem over the top for some, but at what point are we going to hold these public, elected, EMPLOYEE's of us taxpayers responsible for thir words AND actions? I will not accept a compromise in integrity. If you look mein the eyes, shake my hand and tell me you are going to do something I expect it to happen. Not some watered down version of what you think will appease me or "I did what I said I would do" but we had to change it just a little attitude.

apjonas

Didn't You Get the Memo?

Anybody who deviated in the slightest from Pure Constitutional Carry (as defined by the self-appointed experts) must be destroyed (recalled/voted out)!

logables

Anybody who deviated in the slightest from Pure Constitutional Carry (as defined by the self-appointed experts) must be destroyed (recalled/voted out)!

That may be a fine and noble stance by some, the numbers are not there for constitutionalists to make a difference in any election. Not now or in the distant future. My opinion.

DangerClose

For that reason and that reason alone, I will not vote for you if you chose to run for governor again.

Saying the above gives him no incentive to change his ways for you since he's already lost your vote no matter what he does. I'm not sure how I would word it at this time, but I would consider writing something that would make him think about it more and think of ways he could make me happy to keep my vote in the future (whether I have any intention of actually voting for him or not).

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
Gov. Walker,

...You cannot tip-toe around integrity and expect not to have consequences. For that reason and that reason alone, I will not vote for you if you chose to run for governor again.

I appreciate the sentiment, but your timing sucks on the southern-most parts of a north-bound mule. We aren't even 6 months post-inauguration and your comments will be dismissed and forgotten long before the next campaign cycle. Additionally, unless a VERY LARGE NUMBER OF LETTERS AND EMAILS hit the Governor's desk in the very near future, you will be viewed as nothing more than a "******-off citizen" with no true standing or support. In frustration, individuals write letters & emails filled with anger, passion, and threats. For politicians, isolated letters & emails filled with anger, passion, and threats = "KOOK ON THE FRINGE".

The Reader's Digest version is if you don't have the numbers on your side, anger and threats only make it easier for them to blow you off. When you do have the numbers on your side you can simply state your case and let the weight of the numbers speak for you. What do you do when you have the high-ground on the issues but you don't have the numbers? That is where we are now. Still more work to do.....

Last edited: