• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Eagles club - kicked out

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
As an advocate of the Second Amendment, I find that people like you who cannot handle their business without strapping on

Why do anti-gunners ALWAYS claim to be "advocates of the Second Amendment," then condemn people who actually exercise that right . . ?

Give your brain a chance -- this is a forum specifically to address the issues surrounding lawful carry of firearms. We are HERE to deal with these questions, and we know the law, case law, regulations and pending legislation far more intimately that a guy who comes here to defend his claims of a law that NONE OF US have ever heard of.

The "none of us" I'm talking about includes the people who are movers and shakers in Nevada gun rights, as well as former judges, law enforcement officers, elected officials and a few hundred other assorted experts who are highly involved in this field of interest.

YOU are the manager of a bar and grill.

For you to claim that you know more about firearms law is PRESUMPTUOUS, just as if I claimed to know more about your social club's secret handshakes or which of your members can get drunk just holding a sealed bottle of booze.

If you had just said "Sorry, we don't allow firearms here," that would have been one thing, but you GOT CAUGHT IN A LIE. You came here to dig that hole even deeper, which doesn't fit too well with your website's "spirit of truth" claim, does it?

You have ONE CHANCE to redeem yourself and your club. That is to stop arguing, ADMIT YOUR ERROR, and let it go.

varminter22

No real reason for me to comment because others have quite effectively responded to FOE LAS VEGAS.

Apparently FOE Las Vegas doesn't know the law and prefers to quote non-existent law.

I can say, however, that not all Eagles clubs share his views. My organization regularly meets and conducts events at our local Eagles (a GREAT group here, by the way!) - and OC and CCW are extremely common.

Last edited:

Merlin

I concur, the issue here is not whether FOE can CHOOSE to not permit firearms. They just need to own up to that choice, rather than hiding behind bogus "the law prevents us" claims.

If there IS some agency that has told you this, then WE would like to know, so we can straighten that right out. As was previously said, backdoor gun control is the new scourge, since we (2a folks) are finally getting recognized as a force to be reckoned with in the various legislatures.

So, FOE, regardless of your interaction with the OP, the question is now on the table. Please cite the law or agency and department that fed you this line of crap.

If you are truly a supporting of 2a, then we are all on the same team here.

bobernet

Founder's Club Member
Just for the record, I'm not mad and I wasn't at the time.

Firearms are unwelcome, I had no place to secure mine, so I left. The point of the original post was the FOE falling on state law and licensing regulations for their ban, rather than simply saying, "we don't want guns here."

Since FOE has come here and stated, from the horses mouth, the same thing I posted that I was told that night - I think the needless drama around this can drop and focus on the original issue.

wrightme

had you chosen to ask intelligent questions, you would have received good information on the licensing and regulatory issues the affect this facility and require the no firearms policy the same as the Moose Lodge and American Legion facility. <snip of the sniping comments>

FOE, you have now an excellent opportunity to share this alleged "good information on the licensing and regulatory issues" that allegedly require this policy, absent any state law that might support your contention.

Specifically, you make reference to licensing and regulatory issues.

What licensing and regulatory issues would these be that require armed security if a citizen of the United States would carry a firearm (lawfully) into your facility?

TigerLily

While we have an obligation to respect the rules of private entities, my husband is withdrawing his membership from that FOE because of its brand new anti 2A policy. I'm sure others will follow suit just as soon as they get the word (I'll he happy to assist in that effort.)

I know Mr. FOE and he has a staunch conviction to FORCE private businesses to serve patched motorcyclists. So I find it ironic that on the one hand he would publicly denounce discrimination of biker club colors, but on the other be party to disarming law-abiding citizens of their 2A rights. Could it be Mr. FOE has "gun envy?" Is he even able to legally own a gun? Hmmm.... He's seen mine but I've never seen his.

I gotta wonder the real motive behind this brand new policy that just so happened to rear its ugly head upon Mr. FOE getting elected to FOE office.

Knowing Mr. FOE the way I do, I predict the following:

1. He will NOT provide any credible information.
2. He will NOT respond directly to any questions.
3. He will posture with irrelevant insults and rhetoric to protect his "honor."
4. He will NEVER apologize for being wrong.
5. He will not forget who "disrespects" him.
6. He will do his utmost to retaliate against any person that questions his credibility or scorns him for not providing it. (Me included.)

FYI, I'm no stranger to Mr. FOE and his silly tactics - so to him I say, "Take your best shot, Spud." :monkey

DON`T TREAD ON ME

Mr FOE is new to the group so I thought I would bring him up to speed on the protocol of this forum. Take #5 for instance, it is a principal which we all respect.

(5) CITE TO AUTHORITY: If you state a rule of law, it is incumbent upon you to try to cite, as best you can, to authority. Citing to authority, using links when available,is what makes OCDO so successful. An authority is a published source of law that can back your claim up - statute, ordinance, court case, newspaper article covering a legal issue, etc.

Mr FOE you have been asked numerous times, and even stated in your ability if Bobernet asked politely. It appears that you expect your rules to be followed, what about ours?

I also am concerned, if a state agency is leaning on your club to infringe upon the rights of Americans, and I am willing to put up a fight against them if it truly is the case. Please Cite your source Mr. FOE

Last edited:

KBCraig

No real reason for me to comment because others have quite effectively responded to FOE LAS VEGAS. .
I don't think any response is going to be as effective as that of FOE LAS VEGAS himself, who has thoroughly disproved his own argument.

Some people just don't know when to shut up. We have here a classic example of that.

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
Notice that he came here just to post his fable, and was only here for 5 hours and 3 minutes, then has been VERY quiet since then.

If this is the caliber of people who run FOE lodges, I don't see a whole lot of reason to give them another thought.

chrsjhnsn

FOE you may want to educate yourself on the difference between a blog and a forum.
I also recommend learning what a paragraph is.

It may interest you to know that when you use all caps, it is the internet equivalent of yelling.
Its probably safe to assume you were yelling then because you were yelling in this thread too.

I suggest you put down the booze for awhile and pick up some books on etiquette & writing.
When you're done with that, please come back with an actual law that requires "armed security" be present if alcohol is served while open carry people are present.

Like many people, you simply believe something is "law" because you heard it somewhere or you think it makes sense.
Also, many people can not admit when they are wrong, usually these people have a really difficult time on forums, they do really well on blogs though. Perhaps you should start a blog?

Gunslinger

To all who have received the sad and inaccurate email and blog string below about the policy at the Las Vegas Eagles, and not withstanding the hiding behind the electronic media rather than addressing the issue in a straightforward manner at the time (the same tactics that caused the loss of the helmet choice issue in the legislature), this issue is simple.
The facility is the home of an organization that existed before Las Vegas, an organization that has been in the forefront of many rights and benefits enjoyed across the country today.
Las Vegas Eagles, by themselves, are 4th in the entire nation per capita in charitable donations, including hosting food banks and clothing drives for many local school children.
It is a private, non-profit club that is not open to the general public, except for certain events and meetings.
The club is not “anti-gun”, but the no firearms policy has been posted by vote of the Board of Trustees, not an officer, and has been in effect for several months in response to license audits by the City of Las Vegas.
Addressing the statements made about Fallon or Reno, different facilities in different jurisdictions will have different licensing and compliance requirements.
This facility sits in Las Vegas, and the audits occurred because the club extended itself to more than one hundred groups and entities to host meetings and events, including the Confederation of Clubs, MC, 702, Round-Up and ABATE.
Those audits and the compliance continue to cost the club between $20,000 and $75,000 to upgrade the facility, obtain additional licensing and continued operation.
To continue to make the facility available for the use of everyone who requests it, and at little or no cost, the club must comply with the licensing requirements under which it operates.
Although some may view this as an inconvenience, if found in violation of licensing, there would be a much greater inconvenience caused because the facility would then be available to no one.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Complete and unmittigated BS. So, Mother Theresa is your founder and buddha himself was a member. What does that have to do with your anti-2nd Amendment and liberty practice? What license audit by LV caused this policy? You're a private club. Any rules you set are YOUR rules. No license prohibits firearms originating from a local municipality in NV which has full state preemption. You made the decision, no one forced it on you. Why don't you have the honesty to come out and say you're antigun instead of duplicitous and circular "reasoning"? Do you think people on this forum are all fools?

28kfps

FOE you may want to educate yourself on the difference between a blog and a forum.
I also recommend learning what a paragraph is.

It may interest you to know that when you use all caps, it is the internet equivalent of yelling.
Its probably safe to assume you were yelling then because you were yelling in this thread too.

I suggest you put down the booze for awhile and pick up some books on etiquette & writing.
When you're done with that, please come back with an actual law that requires "armed security" be present if alcohol is served while open carry people are present.

Like many people, you simply believe something is "law" because you heard it somewhere or you think it makes sense.
Also, many people can not admit when they are wrong, usually these people have a really difficult time on forums, they do really well on blogs though. Perhaps you should start a blog?

Understanding that good writing skills does make for better reading, (A skill I really suck at. I do thank those in the past that have pointed it out to me. However, I have had this ability for last 50 plus years being told about it is not news.) With that said, do you really believe receiving your expert coaching prior to his posting was needed for your understanding of the content of his posting? Was this coaching information important to bolstering pro gun issues? Was this added information an attempt to show law may not have backed his views? If so, I guess you told him.

28kfps

Taken from the FOE.com page.

The Fraternal Order of Eagles uphold and nourish the values of home, family and community that are so necessary and it seems so often get ignored and trampled in today's society.

Could it be the 2nd amendment is not included as one of FOEs values of home, family and community that are so necessary and it seems so often get ignored and trampled in today's society?