• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fifth Annual NOVA OCDO Picnic! July 16th @ 4PM

grylnsmn

Consulted with the Mrs. She likes the idea of going (said it should be the safest place in NoVa that day). Assuming no crises come up, we'll be there with the little one.

Also invited one of my coworkers to come along with his other half. He's mulling it over.

I'll sign up for what to bring as it gets closer.

Well, my coworker won't be able to make it (he has a family commitment), so it'll just be the Mrs. and me (plus the 5-month-old master-of-the-universe).

We can bring several bags of ice and some dessert. We can also probably come up with the hamburger buns.

paramedic

Hello, wife and I will attend, we are not new to OC, but are new to OCDO events looki

I wanted to give an update, we will aslo have two teenagers with us, we will be bringing a big bowl of potato salad, I will aslo be checking with my daughter and her husband, if they are not busy, hopefully they will be able to attend.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I have to renege

I am in hospital again, and probably will be through at least mid-week next week. I doubt I'll be able to be out.

It looks like I'm going to have to ask to find someone else to bring the things I was going to.

Tess

paramedic

update

Just a quick update, we will have a total of 4, wife and I, and two teens, we will be bringing a large bown of Potato salad

user

Accomplished Advocate
By the way, it occurs to me to wonder, where's "the usual place"?

It's been at least ten years since I've been to Burke Lake. Me ol' Dad used to take me fishin' there when it first opened up. And I took my kids there. But they're all hulking brutes, now, and I haven't had any reason to go back. It's probably all changed around and I won't know where anything is.

I see there's still a gap on the "plastic slivver-ware" item; it happens I've got a big box of 'em. I'll haul 'em along.

IanB

By the way, it occurs to me to wonder, where's "the usual place"?

The "usual place" is located at exactly 38.760408, -77.305539 on Google maps. It looks like a bunch of trees and not much else on the overhead but trust me, there's a pic-i-nic grounds there.

grylnsmn

I am in hospital again, and probably will be through at least mid-week next week. I doubt I'll be able to be out.

It looks like I'm going to have to ask to find someone else to bring the things I was going to.

Tess

We all hope you make a speedy recovery.

Based on the first post, Tess had volunteered to bring:
Hamburgers - Tess
Cheese - Tess
Lettuce, Tomato, Onion - Tess

I can bring some cheese slices to cover for her (I have a good supply of Muenster and Pepper Jack slices at home left over from my in-laws coming over). Anyone else able to help?

Wish I could help with the meat, but the wife doesn't want me going too far overboard with this. (I've still got the buns/ice covered.)

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Sorry you won't be there Tess. Your presence will be missed.
OK got the list updated looks pretty full except for the burgers and toppings. Who wants to save the day?

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
In addition to my pistol, I will be carrying a two year old. I also have a friend that is a possible. I will also get the tomato, onion, and lettuce. Somebody get the burgers or we'll have nothing to put all the condiments on...lol

supranite90

i might have to switch my position to being there a 50/50 chance because i don't know if i might have to help my girlfriend move her stuff to WVa to get ready for college....so if i show up it will be without my girlfriend :(

jadedone4

Speedy recovery, Miss Tess...!!

Tess

I'll spring for burgers, but I'll probably only do about 3 dozen, or so.

Also, I plan to be there early and set-up the citronella candles, so just follow the cigar smoke.....

supranite90

Looks like I will be there minus the girlfriend...I'll be carrying my peashooter because I don't have a holster for my full size 1911 which I just got...

paramedic

Two more coming

Just wanted to let you know that my daughter and her husband will be coming also, they said they will be bringing something, just not sure what it will be.

Hey Long
Just wondering how a large bowl of potato salad, translated to 20 bowls LOL, I had to do a double take and recheck my posting. LOL

And I am assuming the great state of Fairfax allows open carry at Burke Lake Park.

Really looking forward to meeting everyone