• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fifth Annual NOVA OCDO Picnic! July 16th @ 4PM

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
The votes are in. We will converge on Burke Lake Park Saturday July 16th at 4PM until whenever. I will try to get our usual spot but as it is first come first serve we may have to play it by ear.
We traditional do this potluck so pick something to bring and keep an eye on how many folks are coming.

Who is coming: (Running total) 25!

longwatch + Mrs Longwatch
Nova
Eyeblz + 1
grylnsmn +3
IanB
Jadedone4
Hokie
Vapatriot
Supranite90 +1
Jonton+1
thebigSD
Paramedic +3
User
Ed + OpenCarrie (and RayRay)

List of supplies and who is bringing what.

Charcoal - Longwatch
grill tools - Longwatch
Plates - Nova
Cups -Supranite
Napkins -Supranite
Plastic forks knives and spoons - User
Table cloth - Longwatch
Aluminum foil - IanB
Hamburgers -Jadedone4
Cheese - Grylnsmn
HB Rolls-Grylnsmn
Hot Dogs - IanB
HD buns - IanB
Lettuce, Tomato, Onion - ThebigSD
Chips - Longwatch
Tin Foil Corn - Ed & OpenCarrie
20 bowls of potato salad - Paramedic
Homemade Cole Slaw - Mrs Longwatch
Baked beans
Water -- Nova
Soda -Hokie
Coffee / coffee pot-Longwatch
ketchup - TheBigSD
mustard - TheBigSD
relish - TheBigSD
other food
Camcorder
Photography-Jonton
other gear
cheesecake
Cookies-Vapatriot
Cupcakes for kids and adults-Mrs Longwatch
Cake
ICE-grylnsmn
Chairs - bring your own; some of us will have 1-2 extra
Pop-up shelter -longwatch
Propane grill - longwatch
Helicopter lure -

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I expect you'll see Tess +2

We'll bring 2 doz hamburger patties and the lettuce/tomato/sliced onion/diced onion, and cheese.

grylnsmn

Consulted with the Mrs. She likes the idea of going (said it should be the safest place in NoVa that day). Assuming no crises come up, we'll be there with the little one.

Also invited one of my coworkers to come along with his other half. He's mulling it over.

I'll sign up for what to bring as it gets closer.

jadedone4

I'll be there....

...with the citronella candles; should I do an early arrival to "reserve" the area again (just PM).

Unsure if spouse will be there.

I'll add a few "bringing with me items" from the food/wares list in the coming weeks.

P

Po_The_Ads_Toner

sounds cool, but I am rather new and do not know anyone. I may just go to the park that day and do some fishing (in the lake), and see how it is. I lost my holster when I moved from Centreville, to Arlington, and I have not replaced it, so I may not OC that day.

Marco

I lost my holster when I moved from Centreville, to Arlington, and I have not replaced it, so I may not OC that day.

That is not a reason not to attend.
OC is not a requirement, heck carrying isn't a requirement.

Post what your gun is (start a new thread) and maybe someone has a something lying around that will work, or swing by a local shop and pick up a fobus to hold you over until you get something else.

If you carry a G20/21/30/29 w/o a rail I have a security holster that will work.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
sounds cool, but I am rather new and do not know anyone. I may just go to the park that day and do some fishing (in the lake), and see how it is. I lost my holster when I moved from Centreville, to Arlington, and I have not replaced it, so I may not OC that day.

I'll echo those who say come on out and meet us. This is how you expand your circle.

And ditto on what do you carry. No telling who has a holster they don't use any more.

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran

Come on out anyway. If you carry a 4" K-Frame or similar, I've got a duty holster you can have...

Roscoe

paramedic

Hello, wife and I will attend, we are not new to OC, but are new to OCDO events looking forward too it. Will let you know what we will bring as date gets closer.