Thread: 97.1 Dave Glover talks about Open Carry

Regular Member sohighlyunlikely's Avatar

97.1 Dave Glover talks about Open Carry

Here is link to podcast. it is the Gun Talkn' segment on 6/21

http://www.971talk.com/glover/podcast.aspx

Doc

Carl, from "On Target" was disappointing, as was "Dave" the "firearms instructor". Both of those guys should have been much better educated on the subject matter before speaking about it on the radio.

That segment always disappoints.

My goodness does Carl have a "no guns" sign posted on his business??? WOW, he did NOT do any justice for open carry. I mean the whole point here is we want the option to open carry if we want and NOT be told if and when??? Steve, thanks again as always GREAT job. And oneday our elected officals will honor those rights as defined.

My goodness does Carl have a "no guns" sign posted on his business??? WOW, he did NOT do any justice for open carry. I mean the whole point here is we want the option to open carry if we want and NOT be told if and when??? Steve, thanks again as always GREAT job. And oneday our elected officals will honor those rights as defined.

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by cshoff View Post
    Carl, from "On Target" was disappointing, as was "Dave" the "firearms instructor". Both of those guys should have been much better educated on the subject matter before speaking about it on the radio.
    I agree, however at the same time they were likely somewhat blind sighted by the interview request.

Not sure how AC would have done had Carl hand it off to him instead but he is indeed an OC supporter.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman Universitys School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

Steve for President 2012! It's amazing what you learn in a short radio spout. I had never looked at it like the way it was put. Saying that buying a permit is like getting permission from the government to protect myself and family.

Glover and Carl - conspiracy to make OC look bad?? They were both SOOO boring. "Big boy showing off"? Carl was just there to insult - don't shop in his business.

Rhino - Everyone likes the military airshows which are MUCH more dangerous than OC... go figure. No OC discussion...

At least he knows about Western history... but, you are crazy to be afraid of a guy with a "glock strapped to his hip".

Dave - "immediate target threat to the bad guy" - false premise never recorded. I am so sick of the anti's propaganda

Steve - Great job!!!

Kevin - cop, classic cop statement.

Dave will never make it past local shows. Most boring talk show I ever heard... sounds like Wayne's World, that basement show kind of sound and style... ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Dave's show isn't boring at all actually and I enjoy the DGS,but the segment was horribly done with almost no pro OC rebuttal. Just a lot of anti OC stuff being said. I am writing the show to voice my displeasure and calling ON TARGET to let them know that I will be one less customer they might get.

I turned it off after I heard Dave say "If I see someone walk into a store with a glock strapped to their hip I'm reaching for my gun!"

Ignorant idiot. I don't care if you support open carry or not, that's just stupid.

I was floored when he said that....

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boy View Post
    I turned it off after I heard Dave say "If I see someone walk into a store with a glock strapped to their hip I'm reaching for my gun!"

Ignorant idiot. I don't care if you support open carry or not, that's just stupid.

properly holstered firearm is not a threat.

that dumbass reaching for his gun and pulling it out is a threat.

hope he doesnt try to eat at chevys tonight...
    Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.