Thread: Another win for the homeowner

Another win for the homeowner

I just hate it when linked news articles don't list the state, and that is most of them.

Banned
    Because the article is written for the local paper, and folks know where they are. Then, it is uploaded, as is, to the Internet.

Scanning the page shows several links to information on Monroe, LA. So I assume that Bastrop is in LA, near Monroe.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Because the article is written for the local paper, and folks know where they are. Then, it is uploaded, as is, to the Internet.

Scanning the page shows several links to information on Monroe, LA. So I assume that Bastrop is in LA, near Monroe.
    Yes, it's Bastrop, La which is about 20 miles north of Monroe. I worked for the S.O there for many years

I guess that the Newsstar is not proud of the state they are in. If they were they would have been able to find a way to include the city and state name at the top of the screen.
    When a newspaper posts articles on the net they should expect that people around the world may read it and most people have never heard of Bastrop or most towns and cities for that matter.
    Like I wrote, it's just one of those things that bug me. I don't have time or desire to search the rest of the crap on the screen to try to figure out the location.

I suggest using their "contact us" page (online form) to ask them to put more identifying info into their online publication. (That page also shows a mailing address in LA.)

The last sentence in that news story is heartening:
    "arrests in the incident are not likely."