Thread: Attend an Appleseed, qualify for a permit.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar

Attend an Appleseed, qualify for a permit.

Appleseed is a
    firearms safety or training course
    Appleseed instructors are certified by
    a national..... organization that certifies firearms instructors.....
    RWVA..... We will be issuing certificates of training which will satisfy the requirement.

For free?
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Current Military including reserves, Peace Officers, Elected Officials, Disabled and Reenactors in period dress are 100% free. Anyone under 21 has a $5 registration fee for 2 days and women 21 or older have a $10 registration fee for 2 days. The full fee is $45 for a single day and $70 for a full day if you pre-register.

I do need to do an Appleseed Project, but for different reasons.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight View Post
    Current Military including reserves, Peace Officers, Elected Officials, Disabled and Reenactors in period dress are 100% free. Anyone under 21 has a $5 registration fee for 2 days and women 21 or older have a $10 registration fee for 2 days. The full fee is $45 for a single day and $70 for a full day if you pre-register.
    Add any range fee's if the location you choose doesn't waive them - I've seen some that do and some that don't. It's a pretty good value though and if you add a $20 associate membership fee to join the RWVA you meet the membership requirements to qualify to purchase a rifle through the CMP.

For those who don't know what an appleseed is, could someone explain what it is or provide a link?

I assume it is some sort of event or gathering or training session. I presume it is not what I find inside of an apple.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by treebound View Post
    For those who don't know what an appleseed is, could someone explain what it is or provide a link?

I assume it is some sort of event or gathering or training session. I presume it is not what I find inside of an apple.

Thank you.
    http://www.appleseedinfo.org/
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight View Post
    The full fee is $45 for a single day and $70 for a full day if you pre-register.
    Thanks.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie