Thread: I have heard twice on the various radio shows and such.

I have heard twice on the various radio shows and such.

What is this disturbing the peace charge they will try to charge you with? Anyone ever have it done? Are there ways to avoid it? If charged is there a way to beat it?

Banned
    From the codes I have read, DTP requires willful intent.
    Last edited by Mo; 06-22-2011 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by repomasterstl View Post
    What is this disturbing the peace charge they will try to charge you with? Anyone ever have it done? Are there ways to avoid it? If charged is there a way to beat it?
    You are hearing information that is being given by people that have no idea what they are talking about.

Most if not all disturbing the peace laws involve willfull, or pouposeful intent for that disturbance . Can they attempt to charge you with it? Yes. Will it hold? No. Will you have to pay for a lawyer? Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boy View Post
    Most if not all disturbing the peace laws involve willfull, or pouposeful intent for that disturbance . Can they attempt to charge you with it? Yes. Will it hold? No. Will you have to pay for a lawyer? Probably.
    As to whether the charge will hold, perhaps you're a stranger to how municipal court works. Cops often write reports and testify to make the charge. Municipal judges often believe them no matter what.