• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I have heard twice on the various radio shows and such.

repomasterstl

What is this disturbing the peace charge they will try to charge you with? Anyone ever have it done? Are there ways to avoid it? If charged is there a way to beat it?

Mo

Banned
From the codes I have read, DTP requires willful intent.

Last edited:

cshoff

What is this disturbing the peace charge they will try to charge you with? Anyone ever have it done? Are there ways to avoid it? If charged is there a way to beat it?

You are hearing information that is being given by people that have no idea what they are talking about.

Big Boy

Most if not all disturbing the peace laws involve willfull, or pouposeful intent for that disturbance . Can they attempt to charge you with it? Yes. Will it hold? No. Will you have to pay for a lawyer? Probably.

cash50

Most if not all disturbing the peace laws involve willfull, or pouposeful intent for that disturbance . Can they attempt to charge you with it? Yes. Will it hold? No. Will you have to pay for a lawyer? Probably.

As to whether the charge will hold, perhaps you're a stranger to how municipal court works. Cops often write reports and testify to make the charge. Municipal judges often believe them no matter what.