Thread: Sig P238+Sig Laser

Sig P238+Sig Laser

Seeking experienced advice. Bought Sig P238 with laser included. Salesman noted that it includes a holster molded for the P238. I confess to not doing complete homework (novices make rookie mistakes...)--holster is nicely molded to the P238 WITHOUT the laser mounted, and is uselesss once the laser is on. (Sig says the included laser was a dealer promo, blames the dealers...) I don't like either of the holsters Sig offers as being "usable" with the P238+laser. Soooo... Anyone know of one that's a good fit? Looking for open now, belt/hip carry, will of course want one for concealed by, oh let's say Christmas or my October birthday...

Can't help with the holster (we have several here in the Wisco forum who make holsters by the way) but I can recommend you check the recoil spring. If it is not the flat spring you will want to swap it out ASAP. The original round one didn't last to 200 rounds if memory serves. Sig shipped the new one for free.
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 06-22-2011 at 02:32 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Thanks, HandyHamlet, I saw the recall on Sig's site, and they said 27A S/Ns (mine, which I bought new) aren't affected.

Still seeking...
    Kerry

Buy a piece of kydex. Heat, mold, make holster?
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Regular Member Big River Leather's Avatar
    I have the mold for the P238 w/laser and have a variety of holsters to choose from. Feel free to visit my website shown in my signature.
    Big River Leather
    Handcrafted Gun Leather and Accessories
    http://www.bigriverleather.com

Progress!

Thanks, guys. I had occasion to go back to the store yesterday, and found out they'd inadvertently packed the wrong laser; I swapped the included Sig laser for the CT laser they were SUPPOSED to have delivered, the LG-492. And now I see from CT's site that they'll be offering a Galco Stinger molded for the combo, although its status is "coming soon." Being new to the carry world, I'm continuing to shop. Keeping you both in mind as well. Also plan to attend the WI Carry get-together in Alma this Sat, so if anyone wants to demo anything for me...