• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sig P238+Sig Laser

KerryMiller

Seeking experienced advice. Bought Sig P238 with laser included. Salesman noted that it includes a holster molded for the P238. I confess to not doing complete homework (novices make rookie mistakes...:banghead:)--holster is nicely molded to the P238 WITHOUT the laser mounted, and is uselesss once the laser is on. (Sig says the included laser was a dealer promo, blames the dealers...) I don't like either of the holsters Sig offers as being "usable" with the P238+laser. Soooo... Anyone know of one that's a good fit? Looking for open now, belt/hip carry, will of course want one for concealed by, oh let's say Christmas or my October birthday...

HandyHamlet

Can't help with the holster (we have several here in the Wisco forum who make holsters by the way) but I can recommend you check the recoil spring. If it is not the flat spring you will want to swap it out ASAP. The original round one didn't last to 200 rounds if memory serves. Sig shipped the new one for free.

Last edited:

KerryMiller

Progress!

Thanks, guys. I had occasion to go back to the store yesterday, and found out they'd inadvertently packed the wrong laser; I swapped the included Sig laser for the CT laser they were SUPPOSED to have delivered, the LG-492. And now I see from CT's site that they'll be offering a Galco Stinger molded for the combo, although its status is "coming soon." Being new to the carry world, I'm continuing to shop. Keeping you both in mind as well. Also plan to attend the WI Carry get-together in Alma this Sat, so if anyone wants to demo anything for me...