Thread: Open Carry in Pewaukee Village

Open Carry in Pewaukee Village

Not much to report, but today was my first time carrying in the Village. Had a late afternoon sandwich at the Chocolate Factory by the beach. Sat outside.

The staff at the Chocolate Factory didn't seem to care that I was carrying. Had a nice 20-minute conversation with a lady who was also having lunch outside. She must have noticed my gun but she didn't mention it. Also bumped into a female friend of mine. Said hi and talked for a few minutes. I don't think she noticed my gun because she would have said something if she did.

I know the owner of the Chocolate Factory. She wasn't there, so I can't confirm whether it will continue to be carry friendly, but I hope so. I don't see why there would be a problem and I'm pretty sure the owner is Conservative.

Also, my new blackhawk nylon belt slide holster worked great. $15 and it's everything I need it to be.

A pleasant experience today.

Okay, lets get to the real story please.

The Chocolate Factory?

Is it as cool and as good as it looks?

Hey, just checked the map. I go by there sometimes!
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 06-22-2011 at 07:17 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

My pitch for Chocolate Factory: Awesome sub sandwiches and many amazing flavors of ice cream. They charge for cones by weight, so get as much or as little ice cream as you want. Also become a friend of theirs on facebook. They post deals frequently.
    Last edited by grinner; 06-22-2011 at 10:24 PM.

Sweet! Thanks for the tip! And congrats on your OC experience!
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 06-22-2011 at 07:25 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    -Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HomerS-MMMChocolate.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	6086
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Quote Originally Posted by grinner View Post
    Not much to report, but today was my first time carrying in the Village. Had a late afternoon sandwich at the Chocolate Factory by the beach. Sat outside.

The staff at the Chocolate Factory didn't seem to care that I was carrying. Had a nice 20-minute conversation with a lady who was also having lunch outside. She must have noticed my gun but she didn't mention it. Also bumped into a female friend of mine. Said hi and talked for a few minutes. I don't think she noticed my gun because she would have said something if she did.

I know the owner of the Chocolate Factory. She wasn't there, so I can't confirm whether it will continue to be carry friendly, but I hope so. I don't see why there would be a problem and I'm pretty sure the owner is Conservative.

Also, my new blackhawk nylon belt slide holster worked great. $15 and it's everything I need it to be.

A pleasant experience today.
    You should have told me! I'm not that far away.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)